Head swap

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Jclemo
Car: Nissan Hardbody pickup

Can I swap my ka 24 head 12 valve SOHC.
For a decent twin cam? If so what year model
Should I look for? And what will I have to modify? And what would the pros and cons be?
I'm thinking my misfire problem may be in my
Rebuilt head that's been nothing but a night mare since I first took it off the truck. Wish I had
Bought a reman. Head from a shop somewhere.
And does anyone on the forum have one for sale? I got a 1997 Hardbody. Been a great truck
Up to now. After rebuilding it and putting in back
In the truck. It's never run right since. I've replaced every sensor on the truck except the tps. And it still misfires. Thanks. JC

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I think there's some diagnostic work you can do prior to just swapping out the head.
Check compression and leak-down. Verify your valve timing. Verify your ignition timing. Verify your air/fuel ratio if you can... pull your plugs to read them if you can. Check for vacuum leaks.
Do you have a video of the misfire? Does it happen just at idle, or while driving as well?

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

But to answer your question I want to say swapping the heads also changes your compression ratio. I'm pretty sure the timing chains and timing covers are different as well and won't place nice together. The intake and exhaust manifolds are different, which means different wiring harness as well.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”