Head Restraints

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
PeaZs

Got a question about the front seat's head restraints(head rests) for a G35 Sedan w/ Premium Package and I was wondering if they could be adjusted back and forward? I know it can be moved up and down, but can it be moved back and forth? Family looking in gettin one, but someone not comfortable with the head rests sticking out forward, so I was wondering if anyone knows that it can be adjusted back and forth or not. Thanks!

Also - If it can be adjusted, is it manually or is there a button, because in the Infiniti dealership, i tried to push the head restraint forward and back, it wouldn't move... I looked around net, and it says 2-way active head restrests, but also says cloth seats!?(aren't they all leather?)... can anyone help me out. Once again, this is for the front seats.

Also, one more question unrelated. Does the G35 Sedans have auto leveling HIDs? Meaning if the car goes down hill or uphill or over bumps, the headlight/lens will adjusts themselves?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Come one fellas

One of you guys can answer this question I know it.

Fred..:poke

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I have the coupe and I don't think that mine can be adjusted. I know that they give front and back a little, but I don't think that can actually be moved. I will check and get back to you. I do have the coupe and not the sedan so they may be different.

PeaZs

rydwhite wrote:I know that they give front and back a little...
What do you mean they give front and back a little?

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

If you push on them, they will move forward or backward a little, but they will not stay there. The bar that holds the rest goes down further into the seat and is curved a little and so if you push on the head rest, it will have quite abit of movement, but will move back to its original position. I checked mine out this morning and I could not find anywhere to adjust except for moving it up and down.

PeaZs

ahhh ok that sucks... me and my dad are fine with it, just my mom drives mostly with her head leaning on the read rest and it's uncomortable for her. :mad:

anyhow, do you know if the headlights auto level when HIDs are on as in it will auto adjust itself when going uphill or downhill or over speed bumps?

Thanks.

bthomson2
Car: Computer Geek, My dogs

You can remove the headrest and turn it around. You might want to try that it helped my husband.

PeaZs

ah ha! a new suggestion! will it look weird though with it turned around?

now, about the auto leveling question, anyone knows? :o

bthomson2

It looks a little weird with it turned around, but it only takes a second to do. I will check on the auto leveling and get back to you. I think the answer is no though.

By the way, your post was the first one I replied to, so for whatever reason, I seem to have the same phrase under my name as you. The truth of the matter is... I am the Mom!! Anyone know how to change this?

Brenda

PalmerWMD

Brenda+ Others,

"driving Mom's car", is something that reflects your "car-wiseness" here on NICO.Most people start out driving their parents car, hence that sub-title for newbies.The next one is "hubcaps", after that it gets better, all depends on how many posts you have here on this site.

Fred..:)

bthomson2

Thx Fred

Cute idea!!!

Brenda

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

palmerwmd wrote:Brenda+ Others,The next one is "hubcaps", after that it gets better, all depends on how many posts you have here on this site.

Fred..:)

Getting "Super Moderator" beneath your name is probably the ultimate! See if you can figure out who that person is (hint: there is only one) and make it a point of reading his posts if you really want to learn a lot!

Z

PalmerWMD

szhosain wrote:Getting "Super Moderator" beneath your name is probably the ultimate! See if you can figure out who that person is (hint: there is only one) and make it a point of reading his posts if you really want to learn a lot!

Z

Fred..:confused:

szh

Oh, the system probably will not automatically give you that "car-wiseness" title - I was just kidding about that! But, Fred, you know who it is!!! :D

His posts are always good to learn a lot from! Although, I have to admit that I not seen him post here in the G35 forum - not to say he hasn't, I just have not seen any.

Z

PalmerWMD

He will as soon as more G's show up at the shop.they are still pretty early in production.

Fred...:)

szh

Good point ...

Z

bthomson2

Hey szhosain,

Thx for the clue about the "Super Moderator"! I will look him/her up!

Brenda

bthomson2

PeaZs,

I have looked through the owner's manual and talked to the dealer about the HID's being auto-leveling. My manual does not mention anything about it and the dealer/service mgr. was not sure and is supposed to get back with me.

Brenda

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”