Head Lights & Fog Lights

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
SteveCooper

ok here it is

i am thinking of changing my Head Light Bulbs to the Bluish type bulb, and also the fog lights

does anybody know what types of bulbs i need and where can i get them.

HEAD LIGHT BULBS & FOG LIGHT BULBS

G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver AT With Nav, Aero, XM Radio

:help :help

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

welcome to NICO Steve, i hope u find everyone here very helpful and informative, also, im guessing u dont have the HID package on your g35, well the blueish bulbs, dont light up crap, trust me, even when aim'd perfectly, they just dont light up far enough down the road, and that gets scary when you're driving 65mph, thats just from my personal experience with a friends eclipse and those headlights, now they do look good ,so im assuming putting them on your fog lights wouldnt hurt much, try looking into full HID kits, which will run you almost $5oo but tehy do the job legally and look amazing, the blue bulbs you're describing arent legal here in louisiana, but i dont know about texas, look into that also

Super Dave

i thought HID low beams were standard on the G35 coupe........

nlzmo400r

o are they?,im not too sure, dont know much about options on the Gs

SteveCooper

Yes they are But they are the White Lights i wanted to change them to the more Bluish type.

And the Fog lights are regular lights

SteveCooper

nlzmo400r wrote:welcome to NICO Steve, i hope u find everyone here very helpful and informative, also, im guessing u dont have the HID package on your g35, well the blueish bulbs, dont light up crap, trust me, even when aim'd perfectly, they just dont light up far enough down the road, and that gets scary when you're driving 65mph, thats just from my personal experience with a friends eclipse and those headlights, now they do look good ,so im assuming putting them on your fog lights wouldnt hurt much, try looking into full HID kits, which will run you almost $5oo but tehy do the job legally and look amazing, the blue bulbs you're describing arent legal here in louisiana, but i dont know about texas, look into that also

I do have the HID Kit Installed on my G35 but did you ever see the Lexus Head Lights with HID they have a more Bluish Color to them then the G35.

I wanted to know what type of HID Bulbs do i nbeed to get the HID Bluish Color

and what bulbs are needed for the fog lights

nlzmo400r

well HID bulbs and the 'hid simulate' bulbs are two totally different things, the lexus HIDs are bluer because they are a more powerful i believe (5oook vs 7oook or so) i dont know if u can just put 7oook bulbs on your 5oook connectors however, it might cause u to melt the connector, so double check before u do this, as it may cause damage to your HID kit, also u could try taking bulbs off the a 35oZ, they appear to have that baluish tint, and check what kind of HIDs are on those, im sure they use the same connectors as the g35s with HIDs, they mite just use a better bulb?

Super Dave

well put (and correct) answer. Let me know if you guys find something that works, cuz we all want the bluish tint.

nlzmo400r

wel the best thing to do is go to someone at teh dealer and see about it, make sure it doesnt void a warranty of some kind or anyhting as well

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

using the 350Z bulbs will not vopid your warranty.And yes, the 350Z bulbs are the same, but with a blue tint :)

nlzmo400r

so they are the same power, but the bulbs on the Z have that blue coating around them, which obviously gives them blue tint>? good deal bro, go get em

SteveCooper

Aries wrote:using the 350Z bulbs will not vopid your warranty.And yes, the 350Z bulbs are the same, but with a blue tint :)

Thanks Aries for all your help

Super Dave

actually i think the coating thing is wrong. in california, the law states that you can't legally have any colored coating on the lightbulb.......that's why those other colored (halogen) lights are illegal. There has to be something else that is different about the 350Z's light. Maybe it is filled with a different mixture of gases or something. I would have just assumed it was running at a different power though. It could also have something to do with the projector style housing that refracts the light in a different way. kinda like a prisim effect? Just some guesses.

Aries

I just stopped in at the dealer down the street and asked.So, until I get a set of the bulbs, I don't know for sure.They should be here on Tuesday :)

Super Dave

let us know the results

nlzmo400r

yes please, as im very curious now

SteveCooper

Did anybody find anything out yet on the G35 Headlights & Fog Lights

Let us know

Aries

tried them thismorning.No real difference I'm afraid.The Z bulbs require more power passed through them to get the bright/brilliant look. :-/

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”