Hazard lights keep turning on and off

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
madmanpauly
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56S

I need some help here. My sunroof drain hose "disconnected" recently and I had to reattach it. In the interim, some water got into the interior of the car. Ever since, the hazard lights will come on and turn off on their own. It's killing the battery in the evenings and a bit embarrassing while driving. Does anyone have any ideas before I go and pay thousands at the dealership?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You almost certainly got water into one or more connectors somewhere, either the big SMJ connectors at each end of the dashboard or some of the surrounding smaller connectors, possibly even the fusebox depending where it's located. Water from sunroof leaks makes its way down the A-pillars and can drip onto anything in or near the kick panels. You need to crack and inspect all of them. Corrosion on connector pins generally shows up as a green stain. Any you find should be treated with Deoxit or another good contact cleaner, then water chased out with WD40, and the contacts finally protected from further and future corrosion with a heavy dose of dielectric grease. Connectors in those areas should all be WD'd and greased even if no corrosion is evident, residual water can cause low grade shorts in and of itself.

madmanpauly

Agree, passenger side is affected so the fuse box is dry - thankfully.

madmanpauly

Done. It finally stopped raining and I was able to dry it all out. The connector at the kick panel on the passenger side must have gotten wet because I cleaned it up, chased the water out with WD40, and applied a lot of dielectric grease. Fixed. All works normally now. Thanks!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

:dblthumb:

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”