Haynes Murano Service Manual 2003 - 2014

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
RonaldLCraft
Car: Currently, the family vehicles are a 2007 Nissan Murano S, a 2010 Nissan Murano SL.

I am considering purchasing the Haynes Murano Service Manual, production years 2003 - 2014. If you have any experience with this manual, please, share it with us here. Let us know what worked for you, as well as what didn't.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey Ron, not sure if you've found them or not, but we have the FSM for most Nissans here:
http://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals.

They are PDFs and can be downloaded to your device. I've found the FSM to be exponentially better than any Haynes or Chilton guides. It's nitty gritty instruction for the advanced user, it has details specific to each model, and it's all in plain English. The more you use them the easier they are to work with. I have completely given up on any other books unless I have no option to get a FSM.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

The Haynes blow bigtime, they include too many years into one book now and so much is left out it's not funny. Unless you have the one year model they do the detailed teardown on you will be seriously out of luck and I took them back all day long when I sold them in parts. The number one complaint was that people could not find anything on their particular model, and as an owner of 4-5 of them I knew exactly what they are talking about. Chilton are close to the same, whopping amounts of things simply left out of those. Take cruise control, not one word. Not nearly the only thing missing there either. Great quantities of the expected electrical coverage is missing.

Like said the OEM service manuals are here and for free. Can't beat that with a stick. They can take a bit getting used to how they are laid out but once you got it you have the best reference material in the world there, and did I say for free? Dunno how that came about but the best reason to be at this site hands down.

butnooneshome
Car: Nissan Murano 2.5 dCi
Honda CBR1100xx Blackbird

centralcoaster33 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:37 pm
Hey Ron, not sure if you've found them or not, but we have the FSM for most Nissans here:
http://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals.

They are PDFs and can be downloaded to your device. I've found the FSM to be exponentially better than any Haynes or Chilton guides. It's nitty gritty instruction for the advanced user, it has details specific to each model, and it's all in plain English. The more you use them the easier they are to work with. I have completely given up on any other books unless I have no option to get a FSM.
Sorry for picking up an old thread, but are these manuals for U.S. spec vehicles ? I need a U.K. one. Or are they the same ?

Thanks

Nissan Murano 2.5 dCi
Honda CBR 1100 xx

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

No longer available............

post6779638.html#p6779638

butnooneshome
Car: Nissan Murano 2.5 dCi
Honda CBR1100xx Blackbird

Ah, the old IPR thing. :(