having problem bleeding clutch fluid system in my SR20DET tranny!!!

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
91nissantwo40sx

ok so i had put in a new slave cylinder in my SR20det tranny because the other one was leaking. Now that i have the new slave cylinder installed i cant get the clutch fliud to bleed properly. I will only get a little amount when i try and bleed it. Any one know what could be causing this?

i have a stock SR20DET with a 3" striaght pipe 90k miles on it.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Try bleeding your master cylinder as well. It could have air stuck in it if it was ran dry.

It could also just be a sign that it's going bad too. Is this clutch an aftermarket clutch? Knowing name/type helps a lot more than knowing you have a 3" exhaust

tiger

if you haven't already, remove that dampener thing, it makes life much easier when trying to bleed the clutch. there's a write up about it somewhere on here.

codyace
Car: S14 w/redtop

tiger wrote:if you haven't already, remove that dampener thing, it makes life much easier when trying to bleed the clutch. there's a write up about it somewhere on here.
Having done this a fwe times on multiple cars, I can attest to the above being 100 percent true. I've NEVER been able to bleed a system properly with that stupid dampner in place, and I've tried to attack it everyway possible (gravity, snap on power bleeder, mighty vac reverse bleed, standard two guy bleed)....

The second you take that thing out, it only takes 5 minutes to get it set up properly :D

91nissantwo40sx

Wow it worked. Its finally done!!

Thank You

InitialSilvia
Car: 1991 Nissan silvia k’s super hicas

What is the damper and where is it located because I’m having the same problem

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”