SR20DET RWD - having an issue with nistune

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
spaz416

I am having quite the time getting my nistune to work correctly. I have the correct address file and image file loaded, everything plugged in right, key on engine off. I click the consult button and consult makes the connection, then I click "ok" and nistune tells me I have a "checksum error". Now I did quite a bit of searching around, and the usual suspect of a checksum error is a bad ground somewhere. I searched all through my engine bay, made sure all the grounds were where they are supposed to be, and cleaned all the connections until the connectors and bolting locations were shiny. Anyway, I'm still getting the error and I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

rustest86
Car: 93 240 coupe SR20DET Greddy T518Z, Tomei 256* poncams, sti injectors, and fmi

I don't have loads of experence with nistune yet, as I only played with the trail version. But I should be getting my key anyday now for it. But have you tried another car or installing the software on another laptop?? I know the nistune cable will read consult codes in non nistune equiped computes.

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

Thread moved to a section where you should get more help...

Return to “Engine Tuning”