Having a hard time locating a part

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Losangelesmr2
Car: Infiniti j30

Does anyone know where I could find a EVAP canister purge solenoid? They are not able to be found anywhere. They are as rare as the number of infiniti j30's in existence today. I am getting a P0433 code. I need to pass smog and all my systems and emissions are tested and ready but I have a Solenoid that clicks but still sets off a code. When I manually apply suction gas pressure from the fuel tank flows into the intake and the idle increases so I know it is not clogged. Maybe the solenoid is just not givng a proper resistance reading to the ecu anymore. It has alot of white oxidation build up around it.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There are a lot of 2-way and 3-way solenoids you could probably sub from different models. 14956-38U10 is a 2-way off '95~'99 SR20's and VQ30's, 14956-31U1A is a 3-way used on a lot of stuff '95~'04. The FSM isn't exactly clear on what the functions are, but if you look on EC-219 and EC-228 here...
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 7%2Fec.pdf
...most Nissan 3-ways work that way. The only difference is whether the solenoid closes A-B and opens A-C, or vice versa. If you discover it's working backwards, just swap where A and C go. You'll probably also need to find new mating connectors, but the later style ones shouldn't be too hard to find in either eBay or the JY.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”