Have to change my clutch and can't find any step by step guides.

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
727G35
Car: 03 5at g35 sedan

I UTFSE. Youtube its okay, but the videos I find jump around a lot. The only way for me to get into reverse is by starting in reverse and it kicks right into it. Going forward seems fine, except the clitch will randomly get stuck to the floorboard. I have to put ny foot underneath, lif and pump repeatedly until theres a enough pressure to engauge going forward. Im glad my job is a straight thru a big highway.
What are the steps?
4 jack stands
Driveshaft off
Drain oil - draining diff also (was welded and came apart)
Remove tranny mount and pit jack underneath
Remove housing bolts
Remove crank sensor

What am I missing?

whomadewho
Car: 1997 Nissan pickup

2wd or 4x4.....Before taking everything apart ...Check the clutch slave cylinder and the clutch cylinder. Possibly the line going from the clutch to the slave cylinder is cracked or rusted. Try bleeding the system. Pretty common ...bad slave cylinder. If you replace the clutch assembly replace the slave cylinder also. If you have to place your foot foot under the pedal to bring it back up chances are it’s a hydraulic issue rather than a clutch assembly. If it’s the master clutch cylinder order by using the vin number

whomadewho
Car: 1997 Nissan pickup

Another thought...Check the fluid level in the Master clutch cylinder.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”