Have no more answers

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
evan almighty
Car: 91 s13, sr, t28, and other goodies.

Car ran perfect at east coast bash, came off track parked and hung out. Got in car to move it and it was sputtering and running crazy rich, started to blow some white smoke I figured just running very rich expecting to see IC piping that came loose. No after changing the FPR, rail and injectors, ecu, and even the fuel pump, the car is still getting fuel in the oil and was running high fuel pressure in accessory. Spark plugs were wet with gas and cylinder 4 had a significant amount of fuel in the cylinder. Car only runs when I pull the fuel pump fuse but runs like dog s***. I'm thinking either some sort of intake manifold leak that randomly started or the rings are toast? I don't get how it ran perfect and then started out of nowhere.

HELPPPPPPPPPP btw, s13 redtop, only upgrade is a t28 otherwise stock and has never given me a hiccup

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

What supporting fuel mods have you done? Or did you slap a t28 on an otherwise factory setup? What PSI so you run the t28?

evan almighty

255 fuel pump and that's all, 12lbs on the turbo

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Do a compression test. 12 lb of boost on a t28 is wildly different from 12 lb on a t25. More than likely, you melted something, which will be evident when you do a compression or a leak down test. Given you were at a drift day, pushing 12 lb of boost was probably a death knell for the motor, and during the cool down after you pulled off the track allowed any pieces that were cracked from overboost probably finished the job as the metal contracted from cooling.

The current redtop I have I bought from a guy that had purchased it from someone who ran a t28 and cranked the boost. 3 out of 4 pistons were destroyed. Some were melted through and easily identifiable as being destroyed, but one looked fine until I pulled it out and started deringing it. The ring lands just crumbled and fell off.

evan almighty

Will do, that would justify the car dumping fuel and running crazy rich though?

evan almighty

Well, cylinders are probably washed, 90 in first 3 and 75 in cylinder 4...... I guess I killed another -_- dammit.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”