Has anyone upgraded tail lights on '03/04 to ones like the '05/06?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
silvee811
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Desert Platinum 5AT 4dr

I'm looking to upgrade my '03 G35 4 dr tail lights and the reverse lights to the ones that are on the 05/06 models....has any one done this yet or can it even be done at all? If so, are they easy to do it yourself?

FamilyZ
Car: 350 gt

06 are the ones u want. I heard "from the dealership" they're suppose be a direct fit, as for changing them out, it's pretty easy to do. You'll just have to take some plastic clips and the carpeting off surrounding the tail lights from inside the trunk. You'll find some small bolts that you'll have to remove. Once everything starts coming apart, you'll find a plug and play, remove that from the old lights, attach to the new and and put everything back on in reverse order.

Just make sure not to force anything off. The last thing you wanna do is break something.

Good Luck. I too want to upgrade in the future. I have an 05, that's why I know you need an 06. I like how the back up light is really small. Another cool thing they put on the 06 ones is the trunk release button right on the tail lights, but I heard it wont work with our models.

FamilyZ
Car: 350 gt

Oops mine are for the coupe, but it'll work for the 4 doors also. You will be able to upgrade.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”