Has anyone try the RGB input (video)?

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
combo_m

Finally got a chance to test the RGB input (under iPod interface) this weekend. Here is the result:it doesn't work. There is audio but no video. Connected a portable DVD player the audio sounds great but no video on the LCD. Is it a setup issue that I forgot?

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

do you have the emergency brake on?

The car needs to be in P, and have the e-brake on in order for a DVD to work... unless you make a modification.

I haven't tried the video input, but a DVD should work if you put a DVD in like you are putting in a CD... and if the the car is parked and e-brake is on...

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

combo_m wrote:Finally got a chance to test the RGB input (under iPod interface) this weekend. Here is the result:it doesn't work. There is audio but no video. Connected a portable DVD player the audio sounds great but no video on the LCD. Is it a setup issue that I forgot?
I had that problem initially and then realized that you need to have the e-brake engaged in order for the video to work. Based on forum rules we are not allowed to talk about it here but there are certain modifications that can easily be performed that will bypass the e-brake restriction.

BTW - welcome & post up some details about your new ride...

combo_m

Looks like I have the same ride as you do '09 G37S Conv Platinum/Graphite | Prem | Nav | Tech except mine is auto. I wanted black interior but have to settle for stone.Anyway, why provide the option of viewing DVD on the console display if you can't use it. who the hell is going to seat stationary in the car and watch a movie. My other gripe is the inability to scroll through the playlist (preset radio or music box) and select the desire song. At least I can still do that with the iPod interface.

Petert
Car: Infiniti G37 Convert. Midnight Garnet / Saddlewood / Rosewood

Yeah, good point about the video. I was thinking of that the other day. when would you sit idle in the car, with the e-brake on, to watch a video and NOT have the option to be somewhere more comfortable?

If the e-brake is set, you're likely somewhere for awhile. Like home, a hotel, etc. You probably have better options at the moment for watching a video.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”