Has anyone seen the headrest with coat hanger for sale anywhere?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

I was wondering if anyone has seen the Lux elite package headrest w/ coat hanger for sale anywhere. I would like to replace the stock one if possible. When i was shopping for an EX, I wanted the lux elite package but all local dealers told me that it was a special order package and I did not want to wait six weeks. I know it may seem like a stupid feature but in the winter time I hate driving with my heavy jacket on and the hanger would come in handy. Would it match the seats? I think the Lux elite package has different leather so if it looks different then forget it.

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

Yes I've seen it, behind my driver's seat

And the dealers who you talked to were full of crap. Luxe Elite is out there. It's only on a handful of cars, but it is out there. You just have to find a dealer interested in searching for you. I'm in OK and I had to have my Luxe Elite EX shipped from NJ.

The headrest would be in only Chestnut or Wheat, so if your leather is black or grey you are out of luck.

sluday

I did see a couple with the coat hanger but did not have the options and color I wanted. Also I got a better discount when I bought an EX from their lot. I have the wheat leather in my car. I thought the lux elite had a different leather interior? Are the headrests the same style on both cars?

inteller

the hanger is built into the headrest. if you saw a car with the hanger then that car had Luxe Elite because it is the ONLY way you can get it.

Luxe Elite does have different seat insert leather and leather on the dash and armrests. It is textured and more supple.

good luck ordering it.

sluday

I am sure that some after market company will have the hanger headrests out soon. If the leather seats are different then the headrests probably would not match anyway. I wanted the tech package more than the lux elite package so I chose an EX with the lux package w/ tech they had on the lot and got a good discount. I'll take a look the next time I go to the dealer.

inteller

I don't think the headrest leather is differnet between Elite and Style.

I probably could have got an Elite car off a nearby lot, but I wanted an EX with every single option AND in Platinum Graphite /w Chestnut. As you can imagine there weren't to many of those made so I had to haul it in from NJ.

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Have a BOO at this link, below...

--> HANGERS... on eBay <--

nghivdo
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey, Premium, Luxe Style, NAV, Black Obsidian, Graphite Leather

EXceptional wrote:Have a BOO at this link, below...

--> HANGERS... on eBay <--
ugh... i think i just got a little sick in my mouth... i do hope for sure that someone does end up making a direct replacement one for ya'...

EXceptional

Not to worry, my friend... I hope you get over your illness.

Those built-in Hangers are nice and all, but they do not make the Car. What does one do with the Long Jackets that are often used in colder climates ?

Well, I can answer that for you... you either wear it while you drive, or if you take it off, you just lay it across the Back Seat. The Back Seat isn't much good for anything else... which is OK by my Wife and I, as we don't need a vehicle for carrying more than 2 people.

Long Jackets would just end up hanging down off this built-in Hanger and sitting in the pile of Snow and Dirt that would be dripping off our Winter Ice Scraper and/or Brush.

So in conclusion, do we miss not having one ? The answer is NO.

Would it be cool to have one ? Sure, why not.

Would it get used by us ? Probably not.

I can think of other things, I'd rather have, than a Built-in Hanger.

inteller

between a previous post about loading garden stuff in the back, and now this, I get the impression that your EX is REALLY dirty on the inside.

EXceptional

Yea right, it's a filthy Pig-sty !

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”