Has anyone put coupe springs on a sedan?

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
g35kd
Car: 03' g35 sedan

I just installed a set of coupe 18" 7 spoke rims on my 03 sedan. It looks awesome, I just wish the front was a hair lower. I keep reading it will drop 1/2". Has anyone done it that can validate it for me? The back of the car sits perfect right now, but the gap between the front tire and the top of the fender is larger then the back and i want to make it closer, so it looks like the back of the car! Let me know what you think. I found a set of springs a guy is pretty much giving away off of his coupe and i think im just going to replace the front coils on my car.

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Welcome to NICO!
I don't really have an answer for you, but I'll try and get you some help shortly.

However, in the mean time, I'd suggest going into the FSM link in my signature and seeing if the stock part numbers are the same for any particular year between the coupe and sedan.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

^Yeah what Ray said.
Are you planning on keeping the sedan dampers and just swapping the spring? You could just look up what the whole assembly looks like and see if there's any big differences. If not, maybe just swap the whole thing.

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

The coupe springs lower the sedan .5" and the 350z springs lower the sedan 1".

g35kd
Car: 03' g35 sedan

I bought the 4 used coupe springs. I installed the front two with only a little bit of cursing. It dropped the gap between the front fender to the top of the tire 1/2". The car sits and looks great!!!. The shocks still feel good for being a 12yr old car too. Thanks

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”