Has anyone ever considered resleeving their engines?

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
David Steele
Car: S13 FastBacK

I'm pretty sure that the VH45 sleeves arent that great in elasticity.

I talked to AEBS and I want them to do a sleeve job on my VH45 for 3,000 USD .Has anyone else considered there sleeves the engine is a good platform but not everything is rock solid as some say.
Modified by David Steele at 8:40 AM 8/23/2006

ultrapulse
Car: z32 300zx, Hilux & Datsun utes

Yes, mine will be running the 4" sleeve setup. The local guys will be doing that. I still have to mount my trans upto my engine before I go and get my engine resleeved. I am trying to get size as size does matter. At 4" u get 5.2litres which is starting to get big enough to get real torque. I digress, but yes I will be sleeving, just purely to gain size, and cheaper forged pistons . I dont remember any such bad things with the std sleeves, and definitely wouldnt releeve for the sake of it. Dalton may be right but I havent heard anything from the few people I talk to.

David Steele

I also want to stroke & bore and I know OEM sleeves arent great for this yeah you can run big power on it but it wont compare to a ductile iron sleeve by Darton I had a long explaination of how much thing can stretch in certain areas .

ultrapulse
Car: z32 300zx, Hilux & Datsun utes

Yes I want to stroke using the VK56 crank but the US$3700 "special" price wasnt quite special enough. Still hopefully 5.2 litres will do the trick, with only 15psi.On that note, I have pretty much confirmed that the VK56 has the same bore centres as the VH and also that it uses a 8 bolt rear setup same as the VH.I did read a thread where a guy here from NZ (hawkes bay) "apparently" made, or got denco to make a larger crank. I have emailed the given address but not had a reply. If this was the case he could have my babies The old story, cubes are reliable torquey hp, and if u rev 500-1000rpms to achieve more hp in doing so...bring it on...

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Mirage sleeved his VH41DE down to 4 liters for formula racing.

Dixon bored his 2 mm to get to 5L. Not running yet.

defrag010

I e-mailed dixon, and he said he had his sleeved out 5mm for 5L. I've been looking into sleeving my spare VH out to 4" bore, and I found some iron sleeves with lips (so no sinking sleeves) but haven't found a price yet. Having the block sleeved shouldn't exceed 50-75$ per hole minus the cost of sleeves.. you're getting raped on the 3000$ !!!

Mettler
Car: HR31 GTS-8 coupe, VH41/45 Hybrid Transplant

ultrapulse wrote:I did read a thread where a guy here from NZ (hawkes bay) "apparently" made, or got denco to make a larger crank. I have emailed the given address but not had a reply. If this was the case he could have my babies
I'm pretty sure Mirage is the guy to talk to about that. They stroked a VH41DE to 6L for their methanol powered NA speed boat producing 830HP. I've seen a couple of pics of the motor, it's insane, runs a mechanical injection setup etc !

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

That racing boat motor has the same 98mm bore as Dixon's...

David Steele

defrag010 wrote:I e-mailed dixon, and he said he had his sleeved out 5mm for 5L. I've been looking into sleeving my spare VH out to 4" bore, and I found some iron sleeves with lips (so no sinking sleeves) but haven't found a price yet. Having the block sleeved shouldn't exceed 50-75$ per hole minus the cost of sleeves.. you're getting raped on the 3000$ !!!
I'm not geting raped for a professional custom made sleeves that are proven, I'm getting my moneys worth.

I've done this even with my Honda 4 cylinder about $1200 total for there sleeves and services.

David Steele

Well I've just got off the phone and someone from darton is gonna have a look in here hopefully if we can get together and have kits made for us, it would be awsome.

Darton Sleeves

We are currently talking to some of our shops that deal with Nissan's specifically to see if the VH45 is something people have enquiring about sleeves.

Unless these sleeves are going to be widely used then it is hard to justify R&D.

If we can get some solid orders for the kits we may look more into it.

I will keep everyone posted on what we come up with.

sijoko
Car: Black 1994 Infiniti Q45 Turbo, Pearl White 2014 Maxima Sport

Darton Sleeves wrote:We are currently talking to some of our shops that deal with Nissan's specifically to see if the VH45 is something people have enquiring about sleeves.

Unless these sleeves are going to be widely used then it is hard to justify R&D.

If we can get some solid orders for the kits we may look more into it.

I will keep everyone posted on what we come up with.
Welcome to NICO! Glad to see input from Darton in regards to sleeves for the VH45DE.

As you might know, there is a lot of interest towards this engine in the States, Australia and New Zealand.

Do you guys have a standard sleeve product that can be used in the VH45DE? Something that is already designed that might work.

As you can see, the VH has a closed deck with a decent amount of space between the cylinders. Please let us know what you think.

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”