HARSH vibration while in drive and stopped

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Progen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Package
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

Hello everyone, I wanted to get an idea of whats going on with my car before bringing it to the dealership since they always try to overcharge me for simple stuff.

I'm driving a 2015 Rogue SL and I am having a VERY hard vibration when the car is in DRIVE and foot is on the brake, whether at a red light or a stop sign.

Google searches indicate motor mount.... any other ideas though? I'm at 48k miles, spark plugs changed at 40k and regular oil changes as usual every 5k.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

There was a recall on the 2017 models to replace the left side motor mounts, but not the 2015's. Given Nissan's track record with earlier than normal part failure, I wouldn't be surprised to find that yours need replacing.

Progen
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

Rogue One wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:01 pm
There was a recall on the 2017 models to replace the left side motor mounts, but not the 2015's. Given Nissan's track record with earlier than normal part failure, I wouldn't be surprised to find that yours need replacing.
So my next question is... do motor mounts fall under "powertrain"? or "powertrain components"? if yes, im still under warranty. if not.. id rather go to a local shop.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Sorry, motor mounts don't fall under power train or power train components. They're under Engine - Mechanical.

Progen

ugh. brought her to the shop this morning... mechanic checked it and yup... both motor mounts and transmission mounts are no good. so theyre gonna replace all of them with OEM... and ill have the cvt fluid and engine oil changed while im at it.

at 48K though?? how? even the mechanic said mounts start to go at 70-80k typically.

Return to “Rogue Forum”