Hardbody GT-R?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
MotherGoose
Car: 1996 Nissan B14 200SX SE-R

Hey guys......I'm new around here, but I've been lurking for a few years over in the B14 section. I wanted to bounce a few ideas and get some opinions here in the truck forum. My neighbor recently bought an '89 hardbody and wants to go full on custom with it....basically combining the hardbody with an R32 GTR. His vision is a kind of "what if" Nissan built an GTR truck....what could that posibly look like?

He asked me to come up with a photochop concept and specifically wanted R32 fender flares, rocker and re-styled front bumper and grille. In addition, he wants to vertically section the back end of the bed behind the fender wells, essentially shortening the bed. He has 26 years experience in auto metal fab work and frame building, so this shouldn't be too much of a challenge for him.

As far as the truck's stance, he wants the body lowered....no tire gap, but not "stanced" either. No bagged suspension.
For the powerplant, he's looking into the RB26DET, mated with the stock 5-speed. Rear diff he's not sure of just yet, but he has an LSD -equipped Currie 9-inch sitting in his shop that needs a home.

Anyways, here's the concept I did for him....

Again, this is just a concept, so things will most likely change, but he really digs the look. If you guys have any thoughts or ideas that I can pass along to him, feel free to let me know.
Thanks guys.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Not much I'd change on that! Cool idea, and sticking to the R32 keeps it period-correct.

RB might be a little long for the bay, but it's certainly proper for the theme.

I think the only thing I'd add is a smooth tonneau OR a no-window Snugtop. :)

MotherGoose
Car: 1996 Nissan B14 200SX SE-R

AZhitman wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:46 pm
Not much I'd change on that! Cool idea, and sticking to the R32 keeps it period-correct.

RB might be a little long for the bay, but it's certainly proper for the theme.

I think the only thing I'd add is a smooth tonneau OR a no-window Snugtop. :)
Thanks AZhitman.

Yeah, length-wise, the RB should fit snug as evident from this image.......

Plus, the inner wheel wells may be narrowed (with the front wheels pushed further out) to better accommodate the twin Garrett M24's . Good call on the tonneau btw....I know that's one thing he wants to do (if he can find one that's the appropriate size), otherwise he'd just have to make one.

I also forgot to mention that it wont have leafs out back, but rather a QA1 style coil over/ torque arm/ trailing arm/ panhard bar setup. Fronts would be coil overs with possibly a custom made K-member.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”