Hard Start on 2008.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
minitrucker

Hello everyone, i know its been awhile since i posted but i been outta the country and all that good stuff. So i am finally back know and i have an issue with my rogue. I love this thing to death but recently its been doing a hard start were it just will turn over but soon as i let good of the key and try it again it will fire right up sometimes. any one else have this issue, i started to notice it after i took it to the Nissan dealership for an oil change and everything. I have an appt for Monday for them to look at it and figure out whats going on. Sorry if there has been a topic for this i looked and couldn't find it, so if there is please just point me in the right direction. Thanks give me some feed back please.

Leo2005

Does it happen pretty often? If so, maybe you got could poor quality gas but I'm not sure. I have experienced couple times that problem during the winter but it is not a constant problem so I couldn't proof that I have this problem.

minitrucker

Wow i didn't even think about the gas, i did recently put s***ty gas in it from on post, i normally put chevron in it but i was on e and needed gas quick. huh, think i should still take it to the dealer or try putting my normal gas back into and seeing if that works before taking it to the dealer?

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

minitrucker wrote:Wow i didn't even think about the gas, i did recently put s***ty gas in it from on post, i normally put chevron in it but i was on e and needed gas quick. huh, think i should still take it to the dealer or try putting my normal gas back into and seeing if that works before taking it to the dealer?
Well.. if you noticed it shortly after putting in gas I'd second the motion in suggesting Shi**y gas. Personally I think going to the dealership is a pain. Arrive, Wait. Explain the problem. Wait some more. Talk to the service tech. Wait some more etc.

If it were me I'd try putting in some high octane fuel to hopefully dilute any you may be having with the current fuel. The only problem you might run into depends on how full your tank is right now. If you're down half a tank that would be ideal. If its pretty full I doubt the little bit of fuel you might be able to squeeze in will do any good.

Anyway... if you can add fuel... once you get it in I'd pull out of the station and do a couple sharp maneuvers to slosh the fuel around in the tank (mix it up) then I'd drive for at least 15 minutes... which hopefully will be long enough for the new fuel to work its way thru the fuel line up to the injectors. Then go home (or wherever) and give the vehicle a chance to cool down. Then... see if it still starts hard... or wait and see how it starts the morning you were planning on taking it to the dealer. If it starts fine I'd consider the problem fixed. If not... head to the dealer. At least you've eliminated bad gas from the equation.

NOTE: If you end up taking it to the dealer I would not say anything to the dealer or service technician about the possibility of bad gas. After all you don't know that for certan. If you mention bad gas it can take them down the wrong diagnostic t path and they may miss the real problem. Let them do their normal diagnostics. If it is bad gas they should be able to determine that on their own. Also if you tell them you suspect you put in bad gas they may charge you to clean the fuel injectors (or see it as an opportunity to charge you. I'd just tell them its been hard to start ever since they changed your oil and let them see what they can find. No sense giving them the opportunity to charge you for the service.

Please let us know what you ultimately find out so we'll have it for future reference. Thanks

minitrucker

update to everything, So i took my rogue into the dealership and they came back and told me that my fuel pump was bad, so i was on the right track. So they ordered the part and it will be installed when it arrives in 3-5 working days. Hope this dont become a reg. problem.

Return to “Rogue Forum”