Hard shift need drop resistor

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Baby

I have a 2005 2.5 and I need the drop resistor because it shifts really hard 1st to 2nd.
Trouble is I can't find one for under $80. Can anyone steer me to those $20 ones.
Thanks

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I think an electronics supplier would be the most affordable for a resistor component. Then your add your own pigtail, mount and heat sink as needed. What Ohms and Watts are you needing/ wanting? Is this some sort of work around solution to a problem that should be fixed instead?

Welcome to NicoClub!

Baby

Thanks,
The drop resistor is one fix for trouble code P0745
A poster said he paid $20 and I would like to know where? Dealer wants $80
I will look up that thread again

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

oh, okay. Well, knowing your desired resistor specifications can be useful for shopping around on the cheap. I guess you are just looking for an OEM style replacement. Kind of Plug and Play. I thought you wanted to wire in a resistor that wasn't there or modify the resistance of one that is there as a shifting "trick". Either way, I don't know where I would buy one if it were me, junkyard maybe?

By the way, I read through the diagnoses procedure for your error code. Have you performed all of the steps and found that your current resistor is faulty? If not, you may want to do some diagnoses. Another fix for that same code is replacing the line pressure solenoid valve. Another fix is repair the ground wire or a short in the power wire. So, you really don't have to start throwing money and parts at it if you don't want to. The stuff is described in the AT chapter of your FSM starting at page 161. You can do most of the diagnoses if you have a voltmeter. Here's a link: http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... 0Altima/AT

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”