Hard brake shutter

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
morselicious
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Gothem Gray/350K@sold
2009 Toyota Rav4 /sold
2011 Toyota Rav4/sold
2018 Toyota Rav4/sold
2001 Rav4 AWD /Black/ 130K (present car)

I have a 2015 Select. When you drive down the road at any speed and put your foot on the brake pedal to stop. As you press the pedal harder the front wheels skip, on brake, off brakes. Kinda hard to explain. Its like the front strut, cv joint, are broken and when you press on brakes the front end is twisting with a on brake hard then off. Like its holding the brake then letting go. Weird? No matter what speed you go it happens. When I took the pads off (front driverside) the rear pads on the driverside are worn at an angle, tho the outer pad was fine. When up on jackstands the driverside disc has a high spot you can see while spinning the disc. But, that doesn't seem to be the problem? I dont see any broken parts in the front end that might show wear. No Check engine light....ANY IDEAS???

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Don’t know if I have the same thing, which is the reason I put new oem front brakes and rotors.

When I get 1 warm day, I hope to do the rear brakes and rotors.

I get some type of shutter during normal release. Not as bad as before.

Hoping changing the rear will fix it.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

morselicious wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:03 pm
I have a 2015 Select. When you drive down the road at any speed and put your foot on the brake pedal to stop. As you press the pedal harder the front wheels skip, on brake, off brakes. Kinda hard to explain. Its like the front strut, cv joint, are broken and when you press on brakes the front end is twisting with a on brake hard then off. Like its holding the brake then letting go. Weird? No matter what speed you go it happens. When I took the pads off (front driverside) the rear pads on the driverside are worn at an angle, tho the outer pad was fine. When up on jackstands the driverside disc has a high spot you can see while spinning the disc. But, that doesn't seem to be the problem? I dont see any broken parts in the front end that might show wear. No Check engine light....ANY IDEAS???
This LINK has pictures and descriptions of each kind of brake pad ware.

One of the slide pins could be seized in the caliper.

Check your tires as well for uneven tread wear. That could be you have bushings that need to be replaced.

Find a trustworthy mechanic to take a look.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

An uneven pad is caused by a seized or stuck slide. If you have a high spot in your rotor that would likely cause the weird feeling you get when you push the brake pedal. New rotors pads and hardware to include new bolts and slides should solve your problem.

Return to “Rogue Forum”