happy day.

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
diamondj30
Car: Not to low , not to high , just right .

koni is maing rear struts for me and i should have them next week.ive had koni yellows on front for 2 years on my j30.my spring rate is 40 % over stock.i cant wait.finally done with suspension.and brakes.:ylsuper

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

CONGRATULATIONS40% !! wow diamond, i didn't know you got it that stiff. That's awesome that you got Koni to cooperate that well with you. The true test will be installing them. Did you ask them to just take factory specs and accomodate for the increased spring rate and the drop?

Did you ever do anything to compensate forthe massive negative camber you must have acquired after the 3" drop?

diamondj30

they will be shorter because off lowering.the backs only 1 3/4" about.they wouldnt make these for stock springs i dont think.they have to have the rate and drop.they will take the cups off the old struts and put them on the new struts.i guess thats why i dont have clearance probs inside the fender.once in awhile it touches on hard cornering.im mean hard.25 at 70 never doing that again.it just digs in hard.sway bars my friend.have you got your sway bars yet.im caling jwt today to see if they make my ecu yet.im going to un hook my antilock brakes i hate it.to sensitive for me.wish there was a way to adjust them.Q-Tech,hint hint.

Jim Sottosanti
Car: Guitar collector..Martin and Taylor acoustics, Fender and Gibson Electrics

Have either of you experienced this cradle bushing problem that according to my dealer and Dennis is a major $$$ fix? Dennis responded to my query in the online mechanic forum and it sounds like a nightmare...any thougths or ideas? Thanks

diamondj30

sorry ive not a CLUE.and chris ,i havnt found a solution for my camber yet.

Mayhem_J30

Jim Sottosanti wrote:Have either of you experienced this cradle bushing problem that according to my dealer and Dennis is a major $$$ fix? Dennis responded to my query in the online mechanic forum and it sounds like a nightmare...any thougths or ideas? Thanks

Hey Jim,I read that too. I pondered it for a while, but I've not had any similar problems and this is the first time i've heard of this as well. Other than taking a gamble and spending a few bucks at an exhaust shop to tighten up your pipes I don't know what else to do. Weigh the options....is the noise that bad to pay for the dealer's work?

Mayhem_J30

diamondj30 wrote:sorry ive not a CLUE.and chris ,i havnt found a solution for my camber yet.

yeah, i think the camber is something we'll have to live with. How's your inside tire wear? I've been watching mine very closely and the tread looks exactly the same as the outside. The tire shop tech seemed concerned with the negative camber reports, but he probably didn't realize that the vehicle was lowered.

Jim Sottosanti
Car: Guitar collector..Martin and Taylor acoustics, Fender and Gibson Electrics

Thanks to both for your replies....I'm going to take your advice and go to an independent exhaust shop for a look....I'll let you know how it goes.....

Return to “General Chat”