Handling woes ...

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
bluedevil

I have an all stock 1992 240SX SE with 135K miles .. Of late my car behaves unpredictably at high speed lane changes ...When driving on left lanes the driver side front end seems to go down quite a bit making it less safe to speed ...

Am i having a bad strut or is it one of those numerous bushings that has gone bad or would putting in a fromt strut tower bar help .... I read somewhere that an allignment might fix this ... I am sorta confused ... Still in college and without too much money to blow, I would certainly appreciate if any of you techies can suggest what might be the problem ..

thx in advance ...

Emperor

If i were you i would get it checked out and an allignment done. First of all its the cheapest, plus if you find out right away if you NEED anything to be replaced. You want everything to run fine stock before you want to go and mod; IMO. Especially when you dont have money to start blowing on mods, because as you and everyone else here knows, you can spend as much as your heart desires and there can still be more to do. So my two cents would be thrown at getting it checked out, but make sure you can trust the people before you start dropping money on suspension. Oh yeah, and if you do have to get something replaced, then go with the good aftermarket stuff. ok im done now.

bluedevil

thanks paul .. i will start by getting an allignment done first ... by the way what air pressure do you guys run on .. Is it the one thats presribed by the mfr or is it slightly more ..

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”