handle (knob) for gas door on a 2002 Xterra (Moderator Edited)

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
kona hawaii
Car: 2002 Nissan Exterra 4 x 4

Hello, New to this site, just brought a 2002 Nissan Xterra (<-- edited by the Mod) 4 x4 for my wife.

The gas door knob is cracking (ready to break off). Does anyone know where we can buy some?

I try the dealer here in kona, (you have to buy the whole gas door,$37.00 dollars.

Junk yards want to sell the whole gas doors too (one quote was 20.00 dollars.

Help if you know where we can purchase just the handle (knobs) for the gas doors? ..........Aloha

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

I checked at my local dealer and they told me it is sold only as an assembly.

They don't offer the handle by itself. The kicker is if you buy a new one it doesn't come painted! So you have to pay to get that done too.

Buy a used one from a wrecker or see if a handle from a late model D21 (Hardbody)will fit.

kona hawaii
Car: 2002 Nissan Exterra 4 x 4

Big-Bird wrote:I checked at my local dealer and they told me it is sold only as an assembly.

They don't offer the handle by itself. The kicker is if you buy a new one it doesn't come painted! So you have to pay to get that done too.

Buy a used one from a wrecker or see if a handle from a late model D21 (Hardbody)will fit.
Hello, You are correct on this,same here at our dealership. Thank-you for researching this problem. I will check with the junk yard companies....Aloha

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Do you even really need it? My 05' they dropped that a feature and you just push the door open. I like it because it makes a potential gas thief think less about stealing my fuel and works just fine...just a thought. Lucky dog living on Kona.

BTW, it is X-Terra, no e before the X.

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

BadQ45t wrote:BTW, it is X-Terra, no e before the X.
BTW it is Xterra , no - between the X & t and the t is lowercase

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”