haltech questions and answers !!

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
StricNyne

Hey guys i am running a haltech platinum 2000 and i have been running it for a while i pretty much have it downpack. i was just wondering if anyone else was running this system so we could discuss some things with the system and its feature and share tips and yadda or even answer questions for people interested in going with the system lmk !!

ItzGenX
Car: Smoke Purple 95' S14.5. Powered by the "Iron Man".

I ran the E6X and the E8 on my SR22 motor. I liked the E8 better for ease of tuning of course. I have done a bit of fine tuning (mainly fuel and timing adjustments) on the P1000 and P2000 ECU's. The Platinum series ECUs are a breeze to tune compared to those nightmare AEM (Series 1) units I had to toy with on some customers' cars. I haven't had a chance to touch any of the correction tables on Platinums since none of them were my cars, so I haven't been able to see the differences and changes for weather changes in the tunes. I have a Platinum Pro (R32) now for my new build (in progress), but I haven't had a chance to run it yet. What sold me with the Platinum series was the VE tuning that I had a chance to try out on a P2000 installed on an STI that I tuned from scratch. He towed the car to meet me at the dyno after only getting the car to start (to verify it works). With VE tuning, I had 80%-90% of the fuel map setup within 10 minutes after the car was warmed up. It is a great time saver and fairly accurate if done right. Lets just hope it works just as good for my RB :inout: .

StricNyne

i am running VE on my Rb, i love it man im slightly rich, but i run 02 correction and i think i need to do clean air calibration again, as far as weather corrections i like them as well, u can just select an AIR temp correction, and coolant temp correction map and it does its own enrichment and leaning standards it truely opperates like oem. i am in process of setting up a couple things ( rally anti lag, launch antilag, and dualmap) and setting them up on switches for when i goto track. right now i am debating getting the racepak dash, i have the ark mfd which is alot like the display in a r34 skyline but i like how on the haltech dash its all there

ItzGenX

The racepak dash is sexy. The only thing I didn't like about it is the RPM readout. I prefer the analog radial needle and going with R33 GTR cluster. If I need an accurate RPM reading or any other reading for that matter, I have my DEFI heads up display on the windshield at all times. I hate being littered with little gauges everywhere in the car. It's great to just look in one place and have all the info you need at a quick glance. It even warns you if something goes awry when you aren't looking at it (audible and flashes bright shift lights). I have never played with rally version of antilag, but I have used the usual launch ALS for the E8 on my SR. It's basically a cooler 2 step. I stayed away from rally ALS cause of the amount of heat buildup that can result from it. I've also used the dualmap function for when I ran race gas. On my next setup, I want to see if maybe I can get a GM ethanol sensor to work with fuel enrichment corrections. That way I can run any blend of ethanol without even a second thought to switch maps. I am going to have mine also control my AWD pressure solenoid for seamless AWD control (with set amount of front wheel torque pre-entered as a duty cycle).

StricNyne

ahhh, i am running meth and i think that will help with heat on the rally antilag and i got it switched so i will use it intermittenly. i agree with you 100 percent on all the gauges i live my ark mfd but the haltech dash has it all man really i love it Image i might get it this coming week i will show u the buttons i got when they come in the mail they are awesome, though i really have my interior looking OEM, with a few leds for warning lights (meth lights) and the ark gauge are all you can see and i got mine right in front of cluster

ItzGenX

That Ark is pretty slick. Reminds me of a Motorola Razr though haha.

s13_maniacs
Car: 240sx Coupe

I have ran almost every haltech there is and they are awesome in every aspect.... Im currently running an E11v2 on my rb but I might sell it to get that PS2000 since PS2000 its basically the same stuff but with better software and better corrections.... I did AEM once and it wasnt that bad but I wont go back to it

puerkone
Car: 1989 Nissan 240SX SE-R

I been running the haltech E8 in my ka26det and now I just upgraded to the ps2000. Just wanted to ask you guys if you guys had a copy of one of your basemaps so I can run it in my car. Maybe I can get it tuned better and discuss more differences. let me know if you guys can help. I would appreciate it very much. let me know thanks. =D

StricNyne

ka26 wow that sounds cool!! i can try to make u something for the KA i will research it a lil

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

puerkone wrote:I been running the haltech E8 in my ka26det and now I just upgraded to the ps2000. Just wanted to ask you guys if you guys had a copy of one of your basemaps so I can run it in my car. Maybe I can get it tuned better and discuss more differences. let me know if you guys can help. I would appreciate it very much. let me know thanks. =D
What are you doing with that E8?

StricNyne

i got a friend selling e11 v2 for 900 dollers with harness and sensors

Glue
Car: 240sx 1995

i hope this is not a thread jack, but i have a rb25det neo from the r34 i cant find a stand alone ecu for it. Searched and searched the only thing i came up with is the haltech but it said its for the rb26dett. Also found that the apexi power fc may work. just need a conformation that one for this mite work. if you have something else in mind let me know. All plug and play options that is.

Thanks

StricNyne

u can use a haltech for a r33, if u modify the CAS wiring on the plug. BUT u will lose all VVT on the intake side, unless you program a seperate map, which can be done but idk how challenging it will be

Glue
Car: 240sx 1995

i am not sure but i think that i would have lost the vvt since i have changed to the freddy manifold. Not sure how the vvt work by the way. would the ecu plugs be the same or would i have to change that to. Are there any other ecu option out there for me?

StricNyne

intake has nothing to do with vvt, ecu plugs are the same, you need to change the CAS wiring. the vvt works by dynamically changing the intake cam duration or lift or both idk exactly, and it changes by airflow charastics

Return to “Engine Tuning”