Haltech 1000 Sr20Det

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
LuckyX2
Car: 1989 240sx sr20det
1999 Volvo S70

Hey guys, I have a Sr20Det swapped 240sx with 550cc injectors and a t28 among other mods. I got it to idle and drive alright with some adjustments to the base fuel map and iac controls. Now I'm having a problem where it spikes very rich when I blip the throttle but if I'm smooth with it, it's fine. I'm assuming this has to do with the transient throttle settings so could someone please share their settings for that or atleast guide me in the right direction?

Also, just some general setup tips would be appreciated too. I'm just getting started and can use lots of help. And if someone has their tune that they'd like to share to give me some kind of baseline to work from, I'd be eternally grateful.

EDIT: Could it also be because of injector angles? I have Tomei Poncams installed, would that require an adjustment of the injector angles?

TL;DR Transient throttle settings, general advice and/or tunes from other Haltech+SR owners please?

Thanks everyone!

itwillboost
Car: 2000 alti
2002 Frontier
1995 accord

I will try and send you a copy of a tune, but what base map did you run ? The haltech is extremely fun to use, but is also a full standalone so it's no where near as simple as a piggyback. What tps are you running ? If it's not the gm I recommend getting that one, also list the other sensors you are running, haltech, stock, or gm. Most haltechs run best off of gm and haltech sensors.

LuckyX2
Car: 1989 240sx sr20det
1999 Volvo S70

Hey thanks, I'll pm you with my email if you could send the tune there. I know it's not going to work exactly for my setup but I would just like it for some kind of reference.
I used the Sr20det base map supplied by haltech and pretty much just trimmed 30% off the fuel across the board since I have 550cc injectors instead of the stock 370cc's. I also changed the dwell time on ignition to 5ms since I'm running LS2 truck coils. Other than that, basically just some IAC tweaking and set up of the wideband and O2 control has been done.

It's the stock tps, Innovate LC-1 wideband (calibrated in the ecu to 22.4/7.4 max/min afr), haltech internal map sensor, haltech air-temp sensor, stock coolant sensor and haltech boost control solenoid. Am I missing anything?

Oh and a more complete list of mods would be:
t28 turbo, 550cc injectors, adjustable fpr, poncams, large greddy fmic, full 3" exhaust, isis tubular exhaust manifold, ls2 truck ignition coils, mishimoto rad with electric fan, titanium valve springs, solid lifters, hand porting of the head by myself and whatever other little details I may be forgetting...

Also, I'm having one hell of a time trying to get my tach to work. I have this tach, here: http://prosportgauges.com/amber-white-p ... meter.aspx Using the dpo1 output on the haltech unit, set to 12v tach, it's not working. I also tried using the coil ground as signal, the 180 cas line as signal and even bought a stupid $50 tach pickup from MSD and that doesn't even work. Oh and I tried doing the conversion of the stock sohc tach to dohc tach by running a line from the TAM signal to the positive coil terminal and still, nothing. Any ideas?

Return to “Engine Tuning”