HALF LIFE 2 GETS 98% FROM PC GAMER!!!!!

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
sanioll
Car: 240SX SE - Toyota Camry

SO ONE MAY ASK "WHAT HAPPENED TO ALYX?"

WELL SHE GOT FROZEN INTHE SIMULATION OR THE TIMELINE CONTROLLED BY G-MAN. WHO KNOWS? BUT I WNT TO FIND OUT.

AND FINALLY, EXTRAORDINARY ENDING!

sanioll

DID I CAPTURE AT LEAST ONE PERCENT OF ALL THE GOOD TIMES IN HALF LIFE 2?

NAHHH! LESS THAN THAT.

sanioll

Accoring to the review in tomshardware.com, for people who were waiting for Half Life movie, it is available now. And it is called Half-Life2.

yeah well, i totally don't disagree. i connected my pc to a 24" TV today, and you konw what. it looks awesome. **** everything, im playing this crap for the next comimng months.

my kid part has been energized again. thanks half life2, thank you for purifying my kid factor.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I've heard a lot of people telling me about this one:

This was the level after Nova Prospekt, right...er...I forgot the name.

I loved the lighthouse gunship battle...frickin' intense! And the two gunships at the entrance to Nova Prospekt...that was insane, too, but there you had your Antlions to draw its fire...resilient little bastards, and pretty good AI, too. They're especially adept at going all the way around a map just so they can come up behind a turret and tip it over...funny as hell to watch.

As for needing movie to capture things, don't worry. I've got a little program that lets me capture video of gameplay (as you'll see in my post right before all your (very excusable) whorage. I'm going through the game this time just looking for things to motion capture. I had a vid of the Vortigaunt easter egg (also described in my previous post) but it was 1.2 gigabytes, and I don't have time for that to upload, so I just got rid of it. I'll get a shorter, smaller one soon though. I want to get some clips of Alyx or the Gman. They have the most articulation, facially and bodily. I find it highly amusing that Alyx always looks so desperately sad when she has to split off from Gordon. In the character relationship chart (which even includes Hedy Lamarr, Kleiner's "pet freakin' head humper") it lists Alyx as "friend and romantic crush on" to Freeman. How entertaining. Too bad she's probably dead...and about 15-20 years younger than him. Perhaps in the next game, the timeframe will be another 10 years or so, and they'll be closer in age...then she'll have a bit more of a chance.

Anyway, I'm going out of my way to find secrets and easter eggs and the like this time through (God mode, noclip all over each map, that kind of thing).

By the way...I don't remember if I have posted this in this thread yet, but there are actually rooms in each map where anything seen on a TV or monitor or other screen is filmed. In the first level, for example, if you noclip and fly straight behind the big screen with the bastard Breen giving his speech, you'll see in the background a small room. Fly into it and you'll find a model of Breen's upper torso against a mechanical looking backdrop. I killed him (impulse 101 for suit and all weapons except blue grav gun) and then went back to see his dead, bloody corpse displayed for everyone to see. I have not yet been quick enough to catch the G man, but I have heard that you can now kill him. (My first Half Life map was called "G Man Dead" and I put you in a room with a HEV suit, all the weapons, and the G Man. I discovered that the G-Man model was indesctructible, and, apparently, made of metal. Intriguing. You can also find where Alyx broadcasts from, and you can find the Combine Overlords (the slug thing Breen is talking to at various parts of the game, such as when the teleport goes wrong and you end up in his office for the second time and he says "I'm almost certain it was...Gordon Freeman.")

Man, this game is so much fun. So many things to do, and so much replay value. I've still got Hard difficulty left to do, and I'm nowhere close to finding all the secrets and wierd **** in this game...I want work to end, NOW!
Modified by MinisterofDOOM at 11:25 PM 11/29/2004

sanioll

your movies don't work on my or any other machine. windows media players is searching for some codec which can't find.

you have to install Fraps on that machine to be able to see the movies.

SUCKS!!

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I don't think you need Fraps to view them, just the proper codecs. I viewed movies recorded in Fraps without it on my computer with no trouble...that's what got my to buy it.

But you CAN get it for free and just not register if you want to watch the clips I posted...whatever...damn I wish they worked, they are funny as hell! Screenshots just won't cut it...you have to see it in motion. I'll try converting to another codec or another file type altogether.

Oh, by the way, did you see this:

HL2 DM is NOW ready. Just update, and you'll have it.
Steampowered.com wrote:
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and SDK UpdateNovember 30, 2004, 8:05 pm · valve Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

New multiplayer game featuring physics simulation system

Half-Life 2/Source SDK

Includes game code needed to create Half-Life 2/Source MODs

Ability to edit Half-Life 2 maps

Maya model exporter

3d Studio Max model exporter source code

Sample MOD with vehicles

Source Updates

HTTP and non-HTTP map auto downloading functionality

Enhanced dedicated server logging capabilities

Various tweaks and fixes

*Also: A Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Map Making Contest has been announced. The winning entry will receive a cash prize of $5,000. Two runner up entries will receive a cash prize of $3,000.
HELL YES! Sample MOD with vehicles!!! I want to go home and DL this **** NOW!

Oh, and by the way (I haven't said this in a LONG time)...:

Watch out for MR. TOILET!!!!!!

(If you don't understand, look at the picture...)

Not Modified by MinisterofDOOM at 6:06 AM 12/1/2004

Not Modified by MinisterofDOOM at 6:07 AM 12/1/2004

Not Modified by MinisterofDOOM at 6:07 AM 12/1/2004
Modified by MinisterofDOOM at 6:08 AM 12/1/2004

sanioll

thats a one awesome looking screenshot, really dont have time to search foir it now, but what is the size of the update considering fact that currently im running on 56K. is it available so i download it at school then install it at home.

also i viewed your movies, your a one sick mofo. Pure NAZI!.

why your Fps are so low, and why the hell you haven't turned anisotropic filtering all the way up? go and try this latest "graphical entertainment application software" on a decent PC, then you will definitely see the difference.

and once again, that screenshot excites me. why? cause i just got an e-mail from our engineering dept saying there's an upcoming Lan party just after the finals. oh man, this is gonna be big, it is one of those historical times. i m lucky to be a student at this time of the gaming timeline. Half life 2 rules.

so whats the size of the update and can i just download it and install it later?

sanioll

dude i got it, it is 31mb and is sitting on my usb 256mb pocket storage in my POCKET, HA!

can't wait to get home.

sanioll

DID YOU KNOW THAT THOSE BUGS DROWN IN WATER.

IF YOU SEE TOO MANY ATTACKING YOU, JUST JUMP INTO THE WATER AND SEE THEM COME AFTER YOU; ITS QUIET A VIEW SEEING THEM DROWN.

AWESOME, i LOVE hl2

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

The framerate is so low because I kept the capture rate at 25fps in order to keep the filesize down. I was in a hurry and didn't have all day for a multi-gig file to upload.

The Combine deserve it. The flopping around guy was some sort of glitch in the ragdoll system...all I did was whack his leg to get it to a better spot to pin it to the ground, and he went crazy...freaky.

I got to play HL2 DM a little today, with speech-over-IP enabled, its fun as hell! Team DM rules! Nobody knows how to use the Grav Gun properly, so I can (most of the time) catch what they throw and kill THEM with it...such a satisfying thing to do. Takes "kill stealing" to a whole new level.

Have you played with the new SDK yet? I've been messing with the model viewer...for al those perverts out there, close ups of Alyx's ***. But what I've been having fun with is getting a better look at the monsters in the game. The Combine overlords, the slug dealies, they actually have an ATTACK animation...hmmmm...I find that very interesting.

And the G-man has all the animations from friendly NPC's plus his own...again, interesting. The only model (and the one I wanted to see the most) that I can't find was the Combie Gunship--the organic whale-helicopter. I REALLY want a good view of that thing. I might turn the Headcrab into a playable model...Maybe I'll make a Zombie G-Man.

I love Half Life 2!!!

sanioll

can we get some screenshots of Alyx's ***? cause i haven't been able to make full use of my right hand lately.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Alright, when I get back home.

Looking at her model, though, the jacket is SEPERATE from the rest of her. As in, there is stuff beneath it, and the whole inside is textured, as well as the whole BMRF hoody underneath.

sanioll

1. ahh, also i couldn't install DM, why becuase it doesn't recognize folders with words taht contain space. EX: Program Files. thats where my HL2 installed and so the shortcut wont engage. its a simple flaw, but i just don't give a **** to waste time on fixing it. i got 56K for now, so who cares right? WRONG!! i gotta fix it ASAP. what am i saying. ITS Half life, it deserves a full windows install right?

2. try drowning those bugs and make some movies.

3. Yo, have you tried service pack 2 yet? well, im gonna install it anyways, but does it have a good pop up blocker built into Int explorer?

4. you owe me a screenshot of her *** dude. since you brought it up. now youre responsible posting it here.

5. my pc is still shutting off and doing some weird stuff. mobo is going bad? i gotta find a way to give a good excuse to ASUS to get a replacement while its still under warranty.

oh by the way, have i mentined i use my PC as a heater in the winter?it does heat the room. i simply run geforce 5950 at stock speeds of 475MHZ/950mhz and it runs pretty hot when the compressor is off.
Modified by sanioll at 7:50 AM 12/3/2004

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

3. I've had SP2 for quite a while. It makes a big BIG difference in XP stability. It also includes good built in popup blocker (best one I've ever had) and a built-in firewall (that's new, right--if not, then its improved a lot).

1. For DM, I assume, due to Steam, that you have to download it on the same machine you use it on. Steam DLs and installs it in one step.

2. I'll make some Antlion drowning movies. I'll cheat and get the bugbait early, where you get the buggy, because there are leeches in the water there, and the bugs don't just drown, they come apart while being eaten...I'll get some without the leeches, too.

4. I'll get the screenshot, but I can't get it 'till I'm at home...so around 8:00 in the morning.

I'll be making more movies, too, when I find things I think would work. Unfortunately, due to the negative impact that recording has on system performance (I drop from an average of about 80 fps to anywhere from 10 to 30 fps) I can't just leave it on all the time. I CAN have it on in the background all the time, though, and it doesn't make an impact, but it does show my FPS in the corner (which is not a bad thing). Don't worry, I'll be making a lot of HL2 movies over the weekend.

sanioll

in Fraps, choose the option to capture movie at half the resolution. also select option of 20 FPS instead of 25, its still decent.

also, when making the movies, play the game at lower res, but turn on all the goodies, a.k.a. eye candy. set AA at 4X and Anisotropic at 16X.

But when maknig teh movie, using fraps, turn of the AA.

Dont forget Alyx's ***!

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Dude...I'm running the game with a Radeon 9600 Pro, 128mb. NO WAY can this rig handle that load, with Fraps recording, AND Anisotropic Filtering cranked, even at low res.

sanioll

you know, my little johnny is still waitin for that screenshot of Alyx.

anyhow, my bro is dying to play HL2, and afterwards he gets scared. just a kid.

well, HERES the HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE at its best. but when helicopter flies around it looks like a freaking Hollywood quality graphics.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Here...

Happy now?

sanioll

is that it? well her *** is not lickable. i need some quality man, i need some texture quality and details. thats Alyx's *** from Half Life2, it must be perfect. It remainds me the triangular *** off Lara Croft.

i really did get bored by looking at her *** thru 5 tomb raider games, but this *** has to be perfect.

hey, can you make a mod, some kind of deathmatch where last standing player will **** her, as a prize. is it possible?

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Very possible. However...I've got better things to do with MY MOD...

My computer crashed and I had to reformat. I've lost Fraps. I'll have to figure out how to get my registered version back, so it could be a while before I post any more videos.

sanioll

yeah, the moment of truth for me has come too.

i was backing up my files these 2 days. so now or tomorrow, i will have to remove the partition and create one again and reformat and than i will reinstall XP pro w/sp1 and later on w/2.

if i dont come back in 2 days, it means that my mobo has gone bad. and im getting a new mobo from asus.

so no half life for 2 days. its good though, i will study.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I've got Fraps back. More sadistic videos. And I've got some ****ed up screenshots of **** my roommate did to combine soldiers with the crosbow.

sanioll

im baaaaaaaaack.

full installation with service pack 1 and all hte needed software took me 3 hours.

mobo is not that bad at all. but i still hear something when cpu isunder the load.

halflife 2 anyone?

oh this is for you old man.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

WHY (!!!!????) Did you snap a pic of HER ***(!!!!)?

Mossman is NASTY and she's a pain.

HL2 runs even better now that I've reinstalled.

I'm also now busy with WoW. I'd make a new thread for it, but I'm to lazy. This one will do fine.

sanioll

you wanna raw power, then do a dual OS system, win98 and xp.

with 98 you def get the much more FPS. 5-10% more at least.

but relliabilty and compatibility goes down the toilet. especially w/sound card ex: audigy2 zs.

well, here,s the raw horsepower for you. check out the frames per second on lower left corner.

sanioll

and a stable system, on a STOCK fan w/copper core heatsink provided by intel. only 10% overclocked. really helpful with some games.

sanioll

i forgot to ask. you said youre busy with Wow. what the fk is that?

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

World of Warcraft. Very fun. I've got a level 10 Elf Warrior named Aveline, and I enjoy killing things. Great options for character customization. Lots of stuff to kill. It's a hell of a good game. No Half Life 2 (of course, only one game is THAT good) but it's one of the ten best games I've ever played. (and the number of games I've played is higher than the number of games most game stores keep in stock.)
Modified by MinisterofDOOM at 4:00 AM 12/7/2004

sanioll

This is just to tease you pal.

see that character, we're so close to "virtual reality."

do i really need it, to escape from reality; maybe i had too much experience in this technologically non-advanced world. I'm just bored, looking for an escape.

EDIT: Ahh gee, i may have lost the connection before the pic was uploaded. Here it is!
Modified by sanioll at 5:30 AM 1/11/2005

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille