Hakosuka dimensions / weight?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Latka
Car: 2004 G35 Sedan, 1966 Austin Mini Cooper S, hopefully a Hakosuka soon

Can anyone tell me how much the 2 door & 4 door cars weigh? If you have the height / width / length also that'd be cool. Haven't been able to find that yet.

Here's one I found on the http://www.rubber-soul.net website. Tres cool I love the color and the big round fender flares.

Modified by Latka at 8:39 PM 7/19/2006

greenmonster80
Car: KGC10

As far as size and weight think 240z but lighter. I will have to go check my Original Japanese title at home for exactness. Are you thinking about getting one....If so you will not regrett it. Best damn car I have ever owned. That includes when I had my 90 BNR32..

Latka

Heya GM80. Thank you in advance for looking that up for me. I'm starting to uncover more and more Hakosuka websites, but running into the 'ole language barrier.

I have a couple of friends here who are a handfull of years older than me (I'm 34) and both have driven & knew people with Hakosukas when they still lived in Japan. Thankfully one of them reads & writes Japanese.

Both of them are really excited that I am going to be picking one up. I'm definitely serious about it - just trying to hammer out the terms of the deal with my significant other. ...trying to swing some sort of add-on 2 car garage, although that might be a long shot for me. :D

greenmonster80

Latka, I bought the 2 dr because I had to have one. However 4 doors are easy to come across under the $7,000 for a nice one. It might help to move the seat back to get you more leg room. I am going to visit family in Okinawa next month. Aug. If interested I can pick up some car mags for you. You can see different build ideas and prices. Japanese mags are more expensive but are worth it. $20-$35 for different ones but are geared towards a specific car so the whole mag is useful and not alot of advertisements as well.

Latka

Aww... you mean no cardboard inserts that force me to flip to the page...and no 400 "card" thingies that fall out?

I'm definitely going to have to take you up on your offer of the car magazines. I'm sure anything Hakosuka related would make me happy!

I like the 2 door, but the 4 door just grabs me for some reason. One of my buddies asked me why we got the G35 Sedan instead of the G35 Coupe. Well, for one I didn't fit in the coupe...but I told him, "Why because I have more than one friend, that's why."

As long as there's a decent amount of headroom I'm not too worried. Any time the car has a "round-ish" roof like a 350z, 240z, early RX7...etc, that's when I run into problems. I fit in a Mini (the old one) so I figure I can fold myself into a Skyline if I have to.

My fiance just rolls her eyes and sighs when she walks by my computer room now... usually the Best Motoring video of the Hakosuka is playing. MAN I love the wail of that carb'd straight six.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

greenmonster80 wrote:Latka, I bought the 2 dr because I had to have one. However 4 doors are easy to come across under the $7,000 for a nice one. It might help to move the seat back to get you more leg room. I am going to visit family in Okinawa next month. Aug. If interested I can pick up some car mags for you. You can see different build ideas and prices. Japanese mags are more expensive but are worth it. $20-$35 for different ones but are geared towards a specific car so the whole mag is useful and not alot of advertisements as well.
When are you going to be in Oki next month. I will be in Naha from the 13th-16th and have another NICO member that I am meeting up with. Maybe we could all get together for a drink or 3...

greenmonster80

Too bad I will miss out. I won't get there until the 24th of Aug but I don't leave until the 18th of Sept..

Latka

This is what I found for anyone else that is interested:

2 door is 2426lbs (1100kg) 4 door is 2470 (1120kg)

Not that heavy actually!

The length was:2 door - 170.5"4 door - 173.2" roughly 14 feet.

The 2door had a 101" wheelbase, and the 4door 103".

For comparison, the 240Z (1969) was 2450lbs and 169.5" long with a 90.7" wheelbase.

I was pretty suprised to find that the Hakosuka was that light! The 2002 MINI Cooper S weighed 2600lbs, and that's a fairly light (modern) car. Then again, my "old" Mini clocks in at 1400lbs.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”