Hail PDR question

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Boatgangster
Car: 2012 G37x coupe

My baby, my 2012 G37x coupe got creamed last Monday by a biblical hail storm here in Denver CO. Rear window busted in and lots of water and hail into the cabin. I thought it would be totaled, but Allstate is estimating $4000 in damages, not including the glass. Allstate says all dents can be removed with PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) but I'm skeptical. Smallest hail was golf ball and largest was softball sized. Is PDR effective in removing rather large dents and will I be able to notice any residual lines?

larsG35
Car: '04 G35 6MT sedan

Hard to say because I don't have a picture of your car, but I've been pretty impressed by glue PDR in some cases. As far as I understand, as long as there isn't already damage to the paint, most repairs can get the body to 95% or better (Only noticeable under bright lights with a graduated reflector). Dent complexity (being on curved body areas or dents overlapping dents) is a bigger factor than dent size.

Obviously you'll have the final call on whether it looks good to you.

I feel sorry for you. I hope everything ends up good as new!
Lars

Boatgangster

Hi Lars,
Thanks for the feedback. Just talked to the manager at the body shop and he said the only thing the estimator got right was the color of the car. Allstate's estimate even included installing a used windshield??!! Now I have to go to battle with Allstate over this matter, should be loads of fun...
I'll try to post some photos tomorrow when I have a chance to drive out to the shop.

Boatgangster

As for photos, well not going to be relevant :( Allstate finally sent an Adjuster who knew the difference between his butt and a hole in the ground; verdict is totaled. Just too many large hail dings which necessitated new hood, roof, trunk and 2 panels (don't remember exactly which ones), front and back windows, side mirrors, etc. Shame, only 31,000 miles and I've taken extremely good care of it from what I've learned from other members (Zano car polish, Letherique on the seats and Formula 303 in other areas). Looks like it's time to start the hunt again, maybe a Q60 this time...

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”