H&R lowering springs kit now available for Ex

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
mik3025
Car: 2008 Black on Black AWD EX35 and 2007 Black AWD Audi TTS Roadster

I just found out that H&R is now commercializing a spring kit for the EX.Has anyone installed them? pictures?Thanks

flashzoom

um....I thought the EX was pretty low already for a SUV crossover.even lower? that will be interesting. it will totally look like a wagon with the lower springs.

txgcoupe
Car: 2007 G35 Coupe/ 2010 EX35

Lowers the EX 1.3" in the front and 1.2" in the rear. List price is $389.00 a set.

http://hrsprings.com/scripts/a...ID=15

John

fast guebo
Car: 2008 ex35 black with weat interior and nav

for me the point of lowering the ex is for the looks, i seen people adding rims to it but it just look like nothing was done to it. nissan/infiniti like to make huge wheel wedges. and please dont mock my spelling just me type better thanks.

flashzoom

anyone got any photos to show?

txgcoupe

Here's my version.

John

D.I.E.S.E.L
Car: 2010 Infiniti Ex35 Journey

man, i thought the ex was low enough; after installing is it noticeable

JCL622
Car: EX35

D.I.E.S.E.L wrote:man, i thought the ex was low enough; after installing is it noticeable
of course....

what it will look like is a slightly highe WRX hatch or A3, because that's what our car is. Man i saw the A6 hatch today....its bigger than our car lol.

txgcoupe

That was courtesy of Photoshop.

I'd never do that to my car.

Low enough for me the way it is.

John

kolin00

Do guys think the stock spring is softer ? (I think so)Maybe lower spring can improve this phenomenon.I also would like to do not only for good look, no Eibach only H&R is provided.

Monster_20
Car: Infiniti EX35

Just took over my wife's '10 EX35; I am happy with the car power-wise but really dislike the handling. It is too tall and lean too much when cornering. I am looking to lower it but want to get some real-life experience from someone who has done it.

I have a summer car so this car is for winter driving and when I have passenger. I am not looking for extreme but want to reduce leaning in corners to sports sedan level. I think G37 or older BMW is a good reference as far as performance vs comfort is concern. Does anyone has any experience with H&R spring on EX35 give me advice? Or other suggestion?

I am running 235/50/18 in the summer.

Thanks
Monster

Jon2010EX35
Car: 2010 EX35 RWD

Did anyone buy the H&R springs, or others?

Thanks,
Jon

Jon2010EX35

DId anyone buy the H&R springs, or others?

Thanks,
Jon

Jon2010EX35

I installed the H&R springs yesterday. It's an easy job. I took pics and will try to get them posted, but you really don't need them.

I borrowed a spring compressor from Autozone for the front springs/struts, but it didn't work. Instead, we simply put them on the grass, covered them with a mat, and removed the strut bolt with a rattle gun. They're not compressed too much; barely popped. To install the fronts, we put the top mount in, then the strut/spring, and jacked up the A arm assembly so that the strut shaft pushed up into the tophat. That's easy. Again, no need for the spring compressor. The rears are even easier. They just slide out/in. (I can give more details if asked.)

One important point is to make sure the tophats are oriented corrected. They are not uniform, so there are different sides. The factory put a yellow dot on the outside bolt stud, so make sure to install them that way. If you don't see a marking on them, add one yourself. Be sure to install them in the same orientation as you found them.

Results: All corners dropped around 1", and may settle a little more. It's not a big drop, but makes the stance a little better. Handling is definitely better. Properly matched struts/shocks would help, but this is just a daily driver. I have a separate performance car for that. Overall, the H&R springs are very nice and well crafted. If you are looking for improved handling and stance, but don't want anything dramatic, they seem to be a good choice.

SNAFU

I am interested in lowering my EX too. I was thinking an inch would be about the right amount. I don't really consider this car a SUV anyway. It's more of an AWD hatch IMO.

How has handling changed? Mine has a bit of a rough ride which I don't mind it at all. Has lowering changed this on your car?

I wonder if coil overs would be a better solution???

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of your car.

Thanks.

EX35WinterBeater
Car: Summer: 2003 Honda S2000
Winter: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Interested in pictures as well. I also feel my EX35 is more a G37 hatch than SUV. A slight lower with some nice 19" wheels would look good.

Jon2010EX35

I have a writeup with pics here: https://infinitiforum.net/infiniti-foru ... hp?t=14084

I felt that the stock ride was soft and sloppy. The ride is firmer now. I've driven it to work a couple of times, taking my usual route. It's much flatter in the corners and tighter on bumps, but not extreme at all. It's very nice.

Coil overs are definitely a better solution, but much more costly. For this application, an SUV crossover, I couldn't personally justify it. I pour performance money into my sports car instead. It's up to you of course. I kept an eye on Amazon and got these for $50. Someone screwed up with the pricing. They should be $300.

I forgot to take a pic of the car beforehand, but will take some now. The change doesn't appear great, but the stance is better. Yeah, next tire change I'll move to a wider 19" wheel. That will improve handling too. I already went from a 225/60r17 to a 235/55r17. That also made an improvement. Oh, a full tint job also helps the looks, and function. Pics to come!

And then the engine mods will start! It never ends...

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”