gutter ball se-r!

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
ser chicken
Car: cars, water and writing

i dont even know why im posting this! its fits quite nicely under the "not cool" collumn. but what the hell...

forever in the memory of me and my brother will the words "and then theres this" linger...

we were driving my se-r down a random country road near my brothers college residence in newark delaware on a slightly rainy night that was just begining to dry out. since he hasnt had much time in my car i was kinda showin it off, although not to terribly (nothing like what i would be doing had it been dry). we were coming into a long right sweeper, speedlimit on the road was 40, and i slowed down going into it to a quite passive 35mph. we were carving nice and easy through the turn when i felt the steering wheel start to go loose. i lightly applied the brakes, then the front wheels locked. i let the brakes off hoping to regain traction in my front end, but she kept pushing out. i then tapped the brakes on and off, nothing helped. i turned to face nick (brother) and calmly uttered the words, "and then theres this."i forget what we were talking about at the time, but i know we were having a discussion about my new tires, and suspension mods, and future plans, as well as music and other random crap, but there was deffinitly talk of sliding off the road a few minutes before.i could do nothing. it must have been a slippery section of the clearly freshly paved, rarely used strip of asphalt. facing a small drought devastated corn field we slid into the grass, into a gulley and then up the other side. one load clunk rattled through the cabin as the bumper ripped the grass clean out of the dirt and imbeded it tightly into my front bumpers brake ventilation ducts.i dont know whats wrong with my brain. i wasnt at all effected by my cars out of character slide, nor was i effected leaving it. as the car slowed quickly and the tires found grip in the loose wet dirt, i steered out of the grass and slowly re entered the street. upon slowing to almost a complete stop to get my vehicle out of the gully, i put it in first and began to pull back onto the road. i remember paying attention to the cars behavior closely at this point. no new noices, no major pulling, nothing. at this point i left, never stopping to look at my car, or the situation, i just causualy began driving down the road again as though nothing had ever happened. my brother was clearly confused by my behavior, but i just said to him "im gonna just drive a bit and ignore it before i start to cry."that was my fun for the nightso far upon loose, middle of night inspection, i have a weird high speed shake (feels like an out of ballance wheel), a slight left pull (adding to my already horrible alignment) and a slight harmonic from the front left. but nothing seems major.

the moral of this useless and random blabber...never drive the speed limit! its a lie! i have gone much faster on much worse turns in the same damp enviroment and had zero problems!this is the second accident i have been in because the vehicle i was in was traveling at a "safe speed." the other one was a 12 time rollover on I95 in an 88 honda crx at 65mph, but i wasnt driving that one, just ridin shotty...i hate rectangular white signs with big numbers on them!they always lie to me and make fun of me-pete s

ps.... sky... please dont hit me too hard! lol

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

first off, this is the wrong board to post this in

2nd, maybe you just didn't get any warning signs because you were busy talking

moral of the story: don't show off!

hehehe, just kidding

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

what a load.you were showing off, and went too fast. you got off lucky. dont say something retarded like the speed limit did it to you, cause thats just ignorant.next time, try driving safely

ser chicken

a load its not... true i wasnt going the speed limit... i said that in the post... i was doing 35 in a 40... if i was going fast and showing off i wouldnt have been able to drive my car home... the ditch was about 1 foot deep on the roadside, and then went into a 3 foot high hill... if i was going anyfaster then 40 i would have done more then get some mud stuck in my rim...as far as getting lucky... yes i did... there were things i realise now i could have done to have gotten back into control of the situation... things i only realised after getting cut off a few days later and realising my proportioning valve is fu**ed up and my front wheels lock up early, and rendering my rear brakes weak and inadequate.i am personaly glad nothing got hurt more then a slight adjustment in my alignment... for that i feel lucky.i am also personaly dissapointed in my handling of the situation because i should have realised to lightly apply the hand brake to slow the car down and avoid locking of the front wheelsbut as far as lying and candy coating my story... if that was the case why in the f*ck would i even bother posting it! that would be completely stupid if i was just trying to make myself look good.no disrespect intended... and little to no offence taken... but seriously man... think about your argument before you make it... quite frankly it just doesnt make sence-pete s

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Quote »a 12 time rollover on I95 in an 88 honda crx at 65mph, but i wasnt driving that one, just ridin shotty...[/quote] :eek: Man you did a multiple role-over in a CRX and are still alive! Your very lucky!;)

ser chicken

hehe... 8-12 rolls at 65 in a light blue 88 crx hf! it was awsome!i want to ride again mommy!

if i can figure out how to make the pics 400x400 to meet nico standards i'll show you guys... its funny... unless you like crx's.... then its sad-pete

Return to “General Chat”