Gurgling

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
cartoonman

hmm.. i have a 90 240SX with the KA24E, i know for a fact my radiator needs flushed and i plan to do so, but something bothers me, when i stop the car and get out, i can hear a gurgling sound coming from under the hood, i'm just wondering if getting the radiator flushed and refilled would fix this, or it's something more serious, or even a common problem?

cartoonman

oh yeah if it helps to narrow down the problem, my car has a brand new heater core, and every once in awhile i get a little white smoke out of the exshaust but only around 5500 rpms, plus my engine does not overheat

scyan

I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news.. but this sounds like a bad case of headgasket failure... You should consider veryying oil in the prestone and prestone in the oil and also perform a compression test. Burning white smoke is never a good thing.. Don't risk it.. make the verifications right away...

Scy

cartoonman

well i checked the oil and it's ok, it does seem to burn oil though, and the coolant is a reddish brown color, but i dunno, i'll probaly have it checked out asap

fabiandawg
Car: drums, car, bishez

hey man i had the same problem. ends up i had a leak in one of the rubber tubes that the main radiator hose is connected to on the intake manifold. check for leaks. i had stopped at a gas station once and heard the noise and when i looked under the hood i found a needle size hole shooting water under the manifold. took it home and had to take the whole **** off just to replace the tube. i also replaced all the other non leaking tubes under there seeing as how it was an opportunity not to have to go through that **** again.

cartoonman

I love you man! Thats exactly what it was, cause one day i heard that noise along with a hissing noise and some steam, i popped the hood, and there was antifreeze shooting out of a hole in the bottom of the radiator hose

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”