GTST help

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
bankrup3000gt

My speedo and odomiter is not working, along with my tripomiter in my 95 skyline gtst. I would like to get it fixed but I'm not sure what it is. I had a similar problem in my GTR but my speedo worked but not the odomiter or tripomiter and it turned out to be the little step up motor in the gauge cluster which was a simple fix. but on this car I think there is more to it since the speedo doesnt work. I would like to hear some people comments before I rip the dash apart to take the cluster out.

Thank YouCorbitt

jdms13rhd
Car: Silvia Convertible, RB30 Ceffy

I believe by the ECU there is a white clip pretty simmilar to the S13 Silvia and 240SX. That will have about 1 duzzon wires or so for your gauges and such. Maby cheak this and also the clips on your tranie harness. Maby it snagged somthing and was torn. The R33 uses a electronis sender for the speedo so I can see if somthing was torn that is why everything stopped working. But ya just cheak your plugs. I am sure thats what it is.

bankrup3000gt

All of the rest of the stuff on the cluster works just not the speedo, odomiter, tripomiter.

Caplax40
Car: 1992 Sentra SE-R

Have you checked the speedo cable and it's connection to the transmission? That cable alone should control all three of those things (speedo, odometer, trip odometer) and a loose or dirty connection will prevent it from getting the proper, if any, reading.

bankrup3000gt

the r33 doesnt have a speedo cable it is all electronic. really the only thing that it could be is the sending unit in the tranny.

corbitt

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”