GTS-T

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
GTR
Car: 05 Nissan Altima

Ive been wondering for a while now but are the GTS-T's only available in RWD? Or are there AWD GTS-T's

munky89
Car: 240sx hatch

no?

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

AWD and RB20DET = GTS-4RWD and RB20DET = GTS-TRWD and RB25DE = GTS 25RWD and RB20DE = GTSRWD and RB20E = GTERWD and CA18 = GXi

RWD and FJ20 = RS-T (my own personal creation, hopefully a realty by the end of the year)

GTR

about how much do the GTS-4's run, if i cant get my hands on one im cool with a rwd GTS-T. But would you guys say the GTS-T is less of a hassle to drive legally in the states? Or is it just cheaper with the same amount of headache
Modified by GTR at 4:44 PM 8/27/2005

themadscientist

I wouldn't know that, I don't live in the states. I can tell you from having owned several GTS-Ts and a GTS-4 that the RB20 is bogged down badly trying to spin up all four wheels. If you want 4WD get a GT-R, there is no advantage to the GTS-4 over the R except in Japan where the taxes and inspections and insurance is cheaper on the lil brother. You would have to jump through the same hoops to get either car so I wouldn't settle for less.

blade21
Car: '96 nissan maxima

Yeah thats sounds about right. Depending on personal finances its either going to be a GT-R (R32) or GTS-T Type M (R32). Ive never driven or taken a ride in a GT-R but have in a GTS-T and I was extremely impressed with the GTS. The GT-R is the king of Nissans (and tuners in my opinion) but would you really consider the GTS-T a completley inferior car? ( Im using my friends account, this is the user "GTR")

themadscientist

nono, by no means. I meant that if you wanted a 4WD Skyline there was no advantage to the GTS-4 over the GT-R. I drive and prefer the GTS-T to the R for several reasons, primarily it's cheap to get, cheap to own and maintain and it's a much simpler car to build and repair to the R. I am not rich nor do I have the time or patience for a tempermental shop queen. Don't misunderstand, when an R is in the mood it would kill most cars but they are so rarely in the mood for maintenance reasons. If you have the money to support it great but I don't. If I broke any major component of a GT-R I would be down for months trying to scrape together the coin to fix it. When you roll T you can beat the begeezus out of it without fear because it's cheap and easy to fix. I would draw a parallel to a Camaro and a Corvette, the Vette will beat the Camaro in most cases but the Camaro would seem to be more fun because it can be driven hard and put away wet because it is less of a precision instument. I prefer to spend the majority of my time behind the wheel, not under the hood.

GTR

Right right. I see what youre saying. I am not super rich either. Im going to barely be able to scrape this skyline into my hands and being in the states it'll be moderately difficult to get it registered and all if Motorex doesnt do it for me you know. So if it comes to me not affording the R i think i can proudly roll in a T. U know how much rwhp the stock Type M has? Isnt it something like 240 or so?

themadscientist

215PS, about 212Hp. Full ehxuast and get the fuel setting right and it will go up to about 250 without trouble. Feels about like a Mustang GT when you put the pedal down but the handling is much better than a 240, I would say it's a paring knife to the 240's steak knife.

GTR

Sounds good and btw when i said 240 i mean like 240hp. My mistake. Anyway uve been a GREAT help. Thanks man

-Harris

FLskyline
Car: 95 Skyline

hey GTR... i dont think motorex is gonna legalze a car for you now. might want to check on that...

GTR

Hm i see.... Not a whole lot of options are there? Other than motorex ( which is out of the "legal" import biz from what ive heard from you guys)

CursedGTR
Car: 1991 Skyline GTR

Get a GTS-T shell and put a SR20DET in it and call it a kit car. Technically that combination was never produced by Nissan so it could work. Or better yet, Turbocharge a KA because if you are not in Japan I do not care if it is an RB20E or an RB26 you are going to pay for parts and wait for them as well. Just something to consider. Skylines are cool and all but there are better options if you are stateside, just my two cents. Cars cooler when they work.

GTR

Thats an option but if cared about practicallity that much i wouldnt want a Sky now would I?

FLskyline

hey man if your lookin for a legal skyline i can hook you up.

zerothread?id=125360

Jayzeon
Car: Nissan 240sx se 1990

I am trying to find the o2 sensor on my ecu but i don't know what color it is i have a rb20det . can you help

Jayzeon
Car: Nissan 240sx se 1990

can anybody tell me what the o2 sensor wire off of the ecu looks like? what colors i mean

CursedGTR
Car: 1991 Skyline GTR

If you could afford to maintain a skyline you would just get the GTR, they cost the same amount to import. Motorex had a GTS-T a while back (R32) they wanted 20K for it. that is a little steep for me especially for a T. I own a GTR and like only one thing about them... The Motor after that, everything else is a pain in the butt.

FLskyline

thats the whole reason i didnt buy a GTR. they are quite a bit more complicated than a T. especially the R33. thats damn atessa system is retarted if you ask me. oh yea try to get someone to work on that here in the US. nobody works on my car but me and i knew that the all wheel drive was just asking for trouble.

GTR

Well i mean i understand the turbulances of owning the R so i may just get a gts-t. We'll see. As far as i can tel RBMotoring WILL import either of the two so it isnt really a huge deal. But so far it looks like its going to be a T for me.

FLskyline

im trying to tell you man...if you want a T i got one for sale. as far as i know RB cannot import skylines yet (if ever). save yourself the headach and buy one that is already legal. just ask anybody who had one imported if it was a pleasant experience.

GTR

man i appreciate your help but im just doing planning right now. I cant buy the sky yet. Dont have the funds. I will after a while. I dont know if your right about RB but so far it looks like they can do it ( i dont know everything about import but from what they and other forum guys have told me i can get it). Plus they have two already in the states and pending legalization which i am LOOKING into. I do appreciate your help tho and might i say, your T is badass.

FLskyline

right on...good luck with your search. please be careful who you give your money to...there are so many scams going on it is scary. do your homework and make sure if you buy a skyline from someone they have actually put a few LEGAL ones on the road. talk to the other customers and see what they have to say. the whole "kit car" concept is dangerous so talk to your insurance company first to make sure they understand exactly what you will be driving and they are cool with it.

clay

GTR

Yeah that sounds like a plan. But since ive joined this forum im trying to be more realistic. If the GTST or GTR thing doesnt work out im gunna go for a 350Z. There is this one seriously badass purple GT- R that rips it up down in the GA area, ive seen it around the highways. Its more of like a black purple-ish, anyway im rambling now but thanks for the help. Good luck selling your T, and once u sell it what project are you going to start?

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

GTR wrote:Yeah that sounds like a plan. But since ive joined this forum im trying to be more realistic. If the GTST or GTR thing doesnt work out im gunna go for a 350Z. There is this one seriously badass purple GT- R that rips it up down in the GA area, ive seen it around the highways. Its more of like a black purple-ish, anyway im rambling now but thanks for the help. Good luck selling your T, and once u sell it what project are you going to start?
Yeah, that dude is on NICO too. His username is purplegodzilla.

And also, the only trims that Motorex ever legalized were the GTS-T and GTR, so the other trim levels are not even an option in the U.S. And like mentioned earlier in the thread, Motorex may not even be able to legalize any more cars (I'm not sure on their current business status), so your best bet is to find one that has already been imported and legalized.

GTR

Yeah i realize that. Motorex got their license revoked and since then DOT has made some adjustments to their rules which is preventing RBMotoring from bringing anymore in. Ill try and get a Skyline but if i cant, it wont phase me. I know i can push well over 500 rwhp out of a Z. I think im begining to realize the rashness of my skyline wish. So if i go Z, its cool. Oh and btw about the purple R, u serious? Ive always wanted to talk to him but never actually saw him out of his car. Thats pretty cool that hes here.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

GTR wrote:Yeah i realize that. Motorex got their license revoked and since then DOT has made some adjustments to their rules which is preventing RBMotoring from bringing anymore in. Ill try and get a Skyline but if i cant, it wont phase me. I know i can push well over 500 rwhp out of a Z. I think im begining to realize the rashness of my skyline wish. So if i go Z, its cool. Oh and btw about the purple R, u serious? Ive always wanted to talk to him but never actually saw him out of his car. Thats pretty cool that hes here.
Yeah, I talked to him a couple months ago down at one of the Varsity meets. Seems like a pretty cool guy.

GTR

Sound cool, what do you think about the Z idea?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

GTR wrote:Sound cool, what do you think about the Z idea?
I like Z's and Skylines. Either one would be cool IMO. Z's are cheaper though, so you could build one easier if you are on a budget. But either car is a great car to build.

GTR

Budgets not really that big a deal. I mean ill be getting the Track Z with 300 rwhp and Brembos for 34,000. Thats about the same a GT-R R32 in the states.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”