GTIR VS DE

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
94gtirxe
Car: 94 sentr gxe with gtir swap

ok troops im sending this out to the masses. i have a completly built de head. from david price racing in califonia.c2 cams from jwtvalve springs . titaniun retainers,bronze valve guides. complet port and polish with 1mm onersized black nitrite coted vales.. this thing is nasty above 4500rpm. i ran it on a high compresion de block for a while and got board. i went with a gtir swap and now im board again. i have spoken with the guys at jwt and daviv price. i sent it back to them to have the exhaust ports resized for the turbo aplication but am still a little nervouse about putting in the car. with all this being said this head has about 2grand in it and i really dont want to start over with the gtir head. i plan on using all of the gtir components i can. throttle body and so forth. right now the bigges draw back about this setup is i will have very little low rpm drivability but this is not my daily driver and i can live with it when i hand another mustang his a** at the track.let me know what you think.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Can't see why it'd be a problem on the GTi-R block. When power hits it'll be abrupt, probably a bit tough to drive, but that's why it's not a DD.

pachuco
Car: 91 sentra ser turbo, 89 240sx, 79 280zx, 01 G20t

I would of built a VE head. From what ive seen it flows great and its rocker system is way more reliable, no rocker arms flying off at high RPM.

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”