SR - gt2871r tuning question

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
flames5351
Car: 95 nissan 240sx SE

say for example i have sr with intake, fmic, exhaust, intake manifold, 720cc injectors, z32 mafs, cams (264/264) and i got my ecu tuned for all of this by enthalpy would you guys still suggest me getting an SAFC and getting it fine tuned on a dyno? or should the enthalpy ecu be sufficient. I'm going to be putting this combo together sometime and i really don't want to trash my baby. thanks a bunch

karmakaze
Car: 98 240sx SE

flames5351 wrote:say for example i have sr with intake, fmic, exhaust, intake manifold, 720cc injectors, z32 mafs, cams (264/264) and i got my ecu tuned for all of this by enthalpy would you guys still suggest me getting an SAFC and getting it fine tuned on a dyno? or should the enthalpy ecu be sufficient. I'm going to be putting this combo together sometime and i really don't want to trash my baby. thanks a bunch
the enthalpy tune should be fine, but its a very good ideal to make sure.

S13FASTBACKSR
Car: '92 Fastback SR powered

i was talking to chris at enthalpy about scotts dyno tuning compared to his mail orders, asking him if the dyno tuning made that much of a difference over his mail orders and this is exactly what he told me..."On the car that I just finished, Scott wrote a mailorder-style tune for me, just like a customer would get. I stuck in the ECU and debugged the setup with it. When Scott and I hit the dyno with the unmodified tune it made great power with no detonation and perfect AFRs. Adding timing did not gain anything over 3-5hp in the midrange and no additional peak power, so we put it back to where it was. " i was pretty impressed when he told me that

flames5351
Car: 95 nissan 240sx SE

awesome... thats exactly what i was hoping to hear.. i'm in kansas and there are no shops i really trust with my car around here. I didn't want to get it dyno tuned

DrifterProdigy85
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx (Zenki Onevia)

Thats pretty much what i have and the tune is spot on. Only adjustment youll need is the fuel pressure to set the AFR where it needs to be.

Return to “Engine Tuning”