Gt28 On Ca18det - help needed for upgrade

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
Jam-Dodge
Car: Nissan skyline R33 RB25det *Forged*

after a long wait ive managed to get my hands on a superb brand new Gt28 for the s13 :chuckle:
far as i know i;ve got stock injectors/maf, t25 & all the sensors stuff. But i do have
Fmic
Straight through decat ex
blow off valve, cone filter
no clue about the fuel pump but i guess its stock too.
thats about it i reckon without going onto the chassis.
Now cant wait to get my unit on the engine.
last time we done this on our other s13 it kind of didnt go well although it was set up as a stage 2 with a t28 we eventually removed it on suspicion it may cause some damage. :mad:
the new Gt28 is going on my s13 which ive been using daily so should be ok
Now not sure if i should smack on the Gt28 with the current engine setup or upgrade few engine bits?? & is why i need help to get this put another guy mentioned larger injectors & a chip in the ecu?? but wouldnt the chip come later like stage 2 or something. im just going to upgrade my t25 to a gt28 would getting bigger injectors & a higher fuel pump do it

Oh on that note my current turbo boosts really late like after 5k i have to let it build up gradually then boosts when after 5k if i try flooring it before that starts chugging like fuel starve or something but its defo all good with the fuel, intercooler piping etc.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

The stock setup will be OK on that turbo, but you're not going to be able to run very much boost before the MAFS maxes out and you hit the cutout. The lazy boost sounds like a bad exhaust manifold gasket, or a bad turbo inlet gasket, or something wrong with the wastegate.

Jam-Dodge

Hi magic float thanks a bunch I'm starting in it soon as & let you know how it goes

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Sounds good!

Izento
Car: RPS13

Upgrade that fuel pump but other than that, it should be good to go. Don't boost much higher than stock though, you'll want bigger injectors.

Jam-Dodge

thanks guys its been Manic but i've finally got it sorted. the weather round here was not in our favour but with everything frozen we managed to get it sorted :biggrin:
i've left the setup like you says float & will be looking at upgrading my fuel pump & oh it defo was a tear in the exhaust gaskets which was a relief once done. :mike

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”