Grounding spot for amplifier.

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
biglo
Car: Nissan Fuga 250GT

I wanted to hook up a sound system in my car that I bought sometime ago and I noticed that it already had a ground cable ran by previous owner. I just wanted to know if the ground spot is suitable for a sound system. The amplifier I have is 1000 watts rms. I have posted the pic below can you guys tell me if this is good to use? In the pic below you can see its using an existing grounding point thats located behind the seat.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Yeah, looks like previous owner sanded it down to bare metal so it should be good.

midnightclub619
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

yeah that does look good. sanding it down helps out also. I used a spot in the trunk instead bc i didn't like the angle of going behind the rear seat and going thru the rear wall like that. kinda makes me nervous but it looks like previous owner also taped off the edges of the hole which is better than bare metal rubbing against the ground wire

biglo

Ilya wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:07 pm
Yeah, looks like previous owner sanded it down to bare metal so it should be good.
Thanks for the response.

biglo

midnightclub619 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:52 am
yeah that does look good. sanding it down helps out also. I used a spot in the trunk instead bc i didn't like the angle of going behind the rear seat and going thru the rear wall like that. kinda makes me nervous but it looks like previous owner also taped off the edges of the hole which is better than bare metal rubbing against the ground wire
Yeah seems like its been sanded down pretty good and the hole has electrical tape on the inside to avoid chaffing. Can you tell me which spot you used in the back? Because I started to tear down some of the back of the car and didn't notice much places to tap in the way its done in the picture. Did you just used one of the holes that are all over the place in the back and tap into it?

midnightclub619

if i remember correctly, I did this over 5 years ago... but facing the trunk from the outside, behind the Right side panel there is a small ledge that had a bolt screwed into it, i think was part of the frame. I also sanded down that area to clean up any non metal surface.

biglo

midnightclub619 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:05 am
if i remember correctly, I did this over 5 years ago... but facing the trunk from the outside, behind the Right side panel there is a small ledge that had a bolt screwed into it, i think was part of the frame. I also sanded down that area to clean up any non metal surface.
Ahhhhh I see. I did do a tear down of the truck but I accessed everything from the left side of the trunk and not the right. Thanks for the feedback.

midnightclub619

yeah. The stock amp and wiring is all on that side, that makes sense. I used the right side since I ran the power wire on that side. good luck

biglo

midnightclub619 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:38 pm
yeah. The stock amp and wiring is all on that side, that makes sense. I used the right side since I ran the power wire on that side. good luck
Thanks.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”