Ground control Koni combo

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
JDM240SXcoupe
Car: 1992 240sx coupe
1991 Crx Si

Ok i love Konis and i was just googleing and saw that ground control sells a combo. GC springs,GC camber plate,and koni shocks. Does anyone here have this from them? What do ya think about this?Im planing on getting them sometime soon. Looks like comes with everything i need to install.
http://www.ground-control-store.com/pro ... php/II=838

Gabes13
Car: rb20det s13

I've seen that kit before, though I don't have it, I've been tempted to buy it. I haven't been able to find any info on the dampers though. From just the looks of it, the fronts look like koni 8610 and the rears look like regular yellows. If that's the case, I would just buy vielside180sx's front housings and Mitsubishi Eclipse rears because the'll go lower than the kit koni is selling. Either way, koni is a wonderful company.

JDM240SXcoupe
Car: 1992 240sx coupe
1991 Crx Si

I have yellow konis with ground control on my 91 Crx si and love it. Plus your can't beat the konis lifetime warranty. Yes I was reading and I read about the rear from an eclipse so I can adjusted it from inside. Do you know what year and model I need em from the eclipse to fit the rear on the s13. Also I was going with the kit cause of the camber plate and housing. So let me ask, how do I contact that person for the front housing? Thats all I need right? Also why cant we use the front stock housing? Why not?

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

I had no idea Ground Control sold a pre-assembled kit! I often thought to myself why they didn't?

If this were a month ago, I would have advocated coilovers since they go lower at the expense of a little comfort. But now? If you follow Gabes advice & also add the Driftworks GeoMaster knuckles which lower your car an additional inch & a half all around while maintaining perfect suspension geometry, you've got a WIN-WIN situation on your hands...

Gabes13

The Eclipse dampers are from a second gen Mitsubishi Eclipse ('95-99 I believe). You'll need to stack some washers under the nut that bolts on the top plate because the threads do not go very far. you might have to swap the bearings in the top hats because the eclipse shaft diameter is 2mm thicker, Im not sure. The overall length of the damper is about 16mm shorter than the s13 damper with about 2mm more stroke.

As for the front housings, you can contact vielside180sx here:
http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=1453

*I hope it's not a problem posting a link to another forum, but he's a wonderful person who makes a wonderful product and is well involved in the community.

The kit will come with everything you need to assemble the 8610 damper. After that, you'll just need some camber plates/strut mounts and some misc. washers/bearings. The price in parts should be close to the koni set up you posted in you first post. Don't be discouraged about the labor in piecing your own kit, it should be well worth it because it's built to your desires.

The DriftWork knuckles are wonderful products but a little pricey for the alleged drop in fit, especially for an s13. Besides that, a drop spindle is a wonderful way to lower your car without sacrificing performance.

You can use the front housing with the yellow set (I think you have too) but I'm not sure if you can with the 8610. I don't know the measurements off the top of my head to really conclude at the moment. You should check out nissanroadracing if you're really interested in the koni set up. Many drivers and pseudo engineers are over there that could give better first hand advice about the product.

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

Gabes13 wrote:The DriftWork knuckles are wonderful products but a little pricey for the alleged drop in fit, especially for an s13. Besides that, a drop spindle is a wonderful way to lower your car without sacrificing performance.
How much are the DriftWorks Knuckles? Every site I go to says "Call for pricing". I know that usually means "Your firstborn..." :ohno:

Off-topic: Gabe, I saw your post in a different thread where you mentioned running EG6 springs on Megan coilovers to get even lower... Can you PM me a link or some info on that?

Gabes13

I think Driftkorks' website has some prices. Last time I checked it was around 750 to my door for the front spindles. 800 really is not a bad price for a brand new spindle but I have an s13; So I'd have to buy 5 lug bearing, s14 lca or ball joints, longer tie rods or spacers, and drill out the coilovers bottom mount or sleeve the spindle. It's not really plug and play as advertised. Plus, there are some rumors about the actual alleged corrections of the knuckles and the quality of the bushings used. But what ev.

Pm'ed about the megan springs.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”