Ground Clearance

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
rimugu

Does anyone knows the ground clearance for Versa? Non of the sites I have visited show it.

Or how it is supposed to be measured (from ground to bottom of chassis)?

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

Ground clearance is measured from the lowest part of the axles to the ground, or from the lowest part of the frame to the ground.

It looks close to 4 inches.

versabbo
Car: Versa SL CVT

So if the car is to be lowered by changing springs. Does that lower the ground clearance or just the body?

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

That depends on whether the measured "low point" is off an axle or the body frame. The axle is not being lowered at all. The body is... so ground clearance may not change if the "low point" is an axle.

The Versa is low to the ground. I high-centered on a dirt road near Walla Walla that wasn't particularly high... one that even my Optima could have made. I might be worried about ability to clear speed bumps if its lowered, to be honest.

LA02MAX
Car: 2002 6-speed maxima

oh trust me, you can go lower:

And I live in Baton Rouge, where there are some of the most terrible roads in the country. I've hit it a couple times, but not too bad. Versas definitely have more ground clearance than my maxima did stock, and the above picture is my lower tie bar, which shaves about another 1 1/2" from my already low ground clearance.

Aine

Thank you for info on ground clearance. This is NOT a trivial thread.

Return to “Versa General Chat”