Grind with turning

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
HighStress

I've been noticing a grinding / vibration from the front of the car with tight turns to the right, but only soon after starting the car, i.e. first thing in the morning.

Anyone know what this is? Power steering, AWD?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!

I have not encountered this in my car, so I hope someone else can comment. My complete SWAG is that the power steering fluid may be low. Please check that!

Another, perhaps simpler, possiblity is that the fluid is cold and simply needs to warm up ... but these are all uneducated guesses. I hope that someone will similar experience chimes in.

I assume from your post that you have an M35 AWD? Where are you located ... how cold is it there?

Z

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

I have this exact same problem with my M35xI have not had it checked out as its not supper easy to reproduce on demand, and over the years I learned if its not broken and falling off, they just write "customer concern cannot be duplicated at this time" and it ends up being a wast of time;

The funny thing, I also get it doing a right turn;

I'm certain its the all wheel drive kicking it someone, and then deciding it doesnt want to be on.

I'll get it looked at sometime down the road and see if its anything. A car I test drove did the same thing so It doesnt really concern me at this time;

tk

HighStress

Took it in to the dealer here in Richmond, VA. they couldn't reproduce the sound. that's probably b/c it only occurs after the car has been sitting for a while, i.e. overnight or after a long day of work. they tell me that as long as it goes away, it shouldn't be anything serious.

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Wow;I couldn't have guessed that would happen.... :-)Like I said, unless its broken and hanging on by a thread and so clearly broken - they dont want to spend the time fixing it... it has to do with the warranty repayment, they need to replace a part to get paid normaly, but when the replace a part those parts are audited... its to cut down on 'fruad' of somesort is my guess....

Anyways, mines been doing it since I purchased it in Oct 2005, and its still working fine, I think its nothing much, just concerning cause we dont know what it is...

keep a close eye on it, if its worse, get it looked at again.tk

SANdood

I've noticed this with my M35x as well. Only from cold start, first right turn. Sorta sounds like a cable chattering against something.

I guess it's good to know mine isn't the only one...

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”