Grille/Brush Guard for 2007 XTerra

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
XterraLabs
Car: 2007 Nissan XTerra

Is there anywhere besides the dealership to get a Grille/Brush Guard for my XTerra?

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

let me ask you this - are you wanting this primarly for looks, or for protection?

In an accident, the flimsy brushguards you see typically cause MORE damage to the front of the vehicle than it would without, due to low mounting points and its propensity to fold backward into the hood and fenders.

If you want protection, try a heavy duty winch bumper such as the one Shrockworks sells for your truck. It'll cost about twice as much, but will give your X real front end protection.

If you're going for looks, go with the brushguard. I know the 1st gen ones can be bought just about anywhere, but you might try companies like JCWhitney, Smittybilt, etc., or visit your local truck accessories shop and parouse their catalogs.

Or...you could google it.

XterraLabs
Car: 2007 Nissan XTerra

Thanks for the info. I was wanting one for looks, but certainly do not want one that would cause more damage to my XTerra in case of an accident.I will definitely reconsider getting one.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”