Grey Market Car Import White House petition

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
hod_baker
Car: Nissan 350Z
Nissan Sentra Base

Good afternoon everyone,
This is my first posting on these forums. I stubled across these forums when looking up exactly how difficult it is to import (actually impossible) a Nissan Skyline for everyday driving. So I decided to start a petition. However, there was already one in place. It requires a LOT of signatures to get an official response from the Administration, and there are less than 10 days left to get it off the ground.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... s/KFydJwv9

This is the link to the Petition, so tell your friends, family and co-workers all about it.
Sincerely,
James

r32d2
Car: 1990 BNR-32 Skyline GT-R

I just joined up while doing a little research on when my 1990 GT-R will be eligible for import to the US. I'm glad to see there are many enthusiasts getting anxious to get their hands on one of these Devices for shrinking Time And Distance. I've owned mine for 2 years and love getting behind the wheel. I'm Canadian, and live on Vancouver Island. The roads are winding, and mountainous, and the twin turbos love the cool air. It's been advertised for sale up here, but guys are now buying newer GT-Rs.
I'm going to market it in the U.S. as soon as it is old enough, and hope it finds a good home.
A piece of advice on importing one from Japan, is that they are known for not properly servicing and maintenance of their vehicles. I had to rebuild my engine, ect, despite the low mileage, and know many others who agree their Japanese import was less than they hoped for.
Check out my son's day at Pat's Acres in Portland, Oregon. A dark green Nissan Silvia with a Canadian flag trailing as he drifted the track Labour Day weekend. You'll find it on Youtube.
Good luck with the petition!!
Cheers.

JTR32gtst

You need money, not signatures.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

While I support your enthusiasm, I have to be honest with you to say that you shouldn't expect it to happen.

It's been tried at least 3 times in the past year with minimal results. On that note, I do hope you have good luck in getting the number you're looking for.

Welcome to NICO.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”