Greetings And Parts Search

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
infinitinut
Car: golf

Well, folks, I have finally found the time and inclination to figure this board thing out! Jeez! A RPITA for awhile! Also, been travelling and still unable to drink all of the German (and Mexican!)beer production (tried awfully hard, though!). Always have new S Class Benz at my disposal while in Germany and, trust me, the early Q is a finer car! New Benzes are Stuttgart's answer to the Lexus!

Is anyone parting out an older Q? I need the sunroof switch panel, with both the toggle and slide switches having broker off mine, and my repairs, although working, are somewhat Rube Goldbergish! I called over to T3 in Atlanta, and David, a previous manager, no longer there, nor is Bryan, the tech who did my guides, cooler, etc., 2 years ago! No wonder Dennis is now using a dealer! Hope he stays away from Troncalli!

Take Care folks!:D

Jberger

FYI, the toggle/slide switches are cheap, even at dealer prices. I think mine were 30 bucks or something. I'd buy new in place of used for the plastics, they get so brittle with age. The switches can be replaced without replacing the entire assembly, so that's probably the cheapest way to go.

BTW: Dennis only used the dealer for the warranty repair on his seatbelts, he hasn't lost his mind just yet. . . Welcome Back!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Thanks for stopping by. I had guides done at T3 as well.And some other stuff too.

Sometimes I alsmot wish something was wrong with my car so I could justify a couple days leave to drive there and watch while they are working on my car.

Fred...:)

infinitinut

Thanks for the advice. I will order the switchs from Scottsdale when I make my next order for filters, etc. Understand that they are seperate, in that I took mine apart, seeing if I could fix! But, having hamhanded fists, and NOT the patience of Job, caused me to give up and do the RG repairs!

infinitinut

BTW, what is this "driving mom's car" thing that appears below my name? Mom is surely in her 1950 Ford convertible, cruising St Peter's wonderful highways!

PalmerWMD

infinitinut wrote:BTW, what is this "driving mom's car" thing that appears below my name? Mom is surely in her 1950 Ford convertible, cruising St Peter's wonderful highways!

Its something that all newbies get when they join.As you graduate to more posts you will get your own car (alas with hubcaps), then it will get nicer and better equipped as you make more and more posts.

Fred..:)

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

infinitinut wrote: I called over to T3 in Atlanta, and David, a previous manager, no longer there, nor is Bryan, the tech who did my guides, cooler, etc., 2 years ago! Take Care folks!:D

Last I heard Byron was still there, just changed front office guys... As far as I know the only time Dennis just used the dealer for warranty seatbelt work....

I'd agree on going with a new sunroof switch. If the surrounding panel (with the map lights) is falling apart, you might replace it at the same time - they tend to fall apart when you try to get to the switch.

Heath

infinitinut

Per new guy in front office (who replaced the VERY lovely black lady who was there in July of 2000!), Brian left in the last week, or so! I think he had been in JAX at a dealer before coming up to Atlanta. He was awfully good!

PalmerWMD

I think they had a Brian (Bryan?) and a Byron.

One is the tech that's so good at guides and the other was a service writer.

Fred...:)

infinitinut

If The Shadow Doesn't Know.....then Dennis will! (Damn I wish it would stop raining so I could go chase that little white ball around....that is if I had any idea which side of the fairway the T shot landed!

Return to “General Chat”