Green lights on Dash help please

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
artman27
Car: 2001 Nissan Frontier

greetings.... 2001 Frontier..... anybody know how to change out the green led lights that come on when you push in the a/c and a/c recircultaing buttons???? many thanks......

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

Never heard of them failing. Have you checked your fuses?

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

Been there did that with my Cruise Control Switch:

I hate to tell you this but those lights are both inside the switch body and can't be changed like a normal dash bulb.

You can however take them apart ( If you're brave! ) and get a replacement bulb, which are a little bigger than a grain of rice, from an electronics supplier to put back in there. The dealer will not have the bulbs separately and the switches are around 25.00 to 35.00 each the last time I checked.

Good luck!

artman27

kewl..... on a scale of one to ten, how hard to take apart the switch???..... to give you a ref, I changed out a dash light, and it wasn't too hard.... or do you think it's just easier to change out the switch???? I hate when bulbs go out!!!!!!!!

thanks for your help and tips........much appreciated....

artman27

yep.... fuses ok.... just the one switch doesn't light up (a/c recirc.)...... the other a/c light works fine when pushed in..... thanks for the heads up......

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

To be perfectly honest the switch parts inside are small and you could lose the internal spring very easily. The switch was not designed to be taken apart. The bulbs are not soldered in place inside. Instead the wires of the bulbs fit into small ports inside the switch body.

If you're comfortable with small parts and are confident you won't lose anything, then I say try it. Either way, if you want the switch to light up, you either buy a new one, or try and take your old one apart and find the bulb at an Electronics Distributor. You will most certainly not find the tiny bulb in any auto parts store.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”