Greddy Turbo kit

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

Any new news?...any1 know if it will EVER come out? lol, just curious if any1 has heard or read anything.

-Dan

JESTER
Car: 2004 Chevy Colorado Bright a** red. 3.5 five cylinder

They've had that add out (Comming soon) since like a year and a half ago. You wouldn't think it would take a company like them this long to come up with a simple kit for the SX.

To heck with them. Build your own kit.

flip240

A friend of mine has a connection at GReddy and they told him that its being worked on, but its taking awhile since they want to have it right as possible. I will come out, just a matter of time when that will be.

I guess its like, they don't have very many people working on the 240SX turbo kit as they would on ie. a civic si kit for say, because even tho there is alot of us 240s, there really isn't that huge a damand as ricers wanting turbo kits for their soda bottle engines.

Dano

thanks for the info! glad to hear the idea hasnt been scrapped by them.

-Dan

stunt_driver

april 2003 or march 2003 i called them like last week about it also they might be testing it out this month on some cars according to a friend of mine that was at sema i think the reason why its taking so long to come out is because of the carb stuff in cali also the rep i talked to said it might be 3k-4k no intercooler thats a lot of money

Dano

sheesh, yeah, it better be puttin out or every1s gonna continue buying wats already out, not to mention be mad for the wait, only to be dissappointed

Dano

although 3k wouldnt be too bad, finding ure own intercooler would make it about even (financially) with the other kits.... kinda...

ST240
Car: RB30DET s13
01' Pathy

flip240 wrote: there really isn't that huge a damand as ricers wanting turbo kits for their soda bottle engines.

dont flame me too hard but...

Hondas arent that bad man. most of them are light ( = faster - easier) , VERY reliable (before i got my 240 i had a civic DX and bagged the ***** out of it and nothing broke) and with proper tuning they can be made to keep up with the rest of the real imports.

I think they got their bad name from f***** kids who call a "tuned" honda one with just an exhaust sys and an inkate :pface

Also about that soda bottle comment, my friends civic 1.6L could beat my 240sx anyday :(

Just my 2 cents

-Andre

Dano

yeah, i like hondas, allot of my buddies have hondas, but i have a 240 :)

-Dan

sapix @ RHIT

I use to like Hondas, until tonight.

I bought my ex-girlfriend a car stereo for her birthday, so I went to install it, to get the stereo out of her 93 Accord I have to take the center consol out and remove the stereo that way. I was thinking, that sucks but not too bad, then I find out her drivers side seat doesn't move like its suppose to and to get to the 6th screw the seat needs to move. Its an on going project just to change the freakin stereo... god hondas suck

big jon's 240
Car: uh....football, cars, and um, cars!

The reason the kit is taking so long is probably because they are tryign to make it street legal (this is just a guess). To get a new product, especially a major mod like a turbo kit CARB certified, takes time to get through all b.s. . The U.S. has the most outdated and stupid emission laws. Thats part of the reason we dont get all the cool cars like the rest of the world. The other turbo kits (NSPORT, etc.) will probably be better for those of us trying to make serious power anyways.

Dano

yeah, i agree with that, ill go with nsport if i do a kit.

-Dan

stunt_driver

i like the fmax kit

Dano

i may do a custom setup, but if not im goin with nsport.

-Dan

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

from all the experience I've had with Greddy stuff it's crap (at least thier manifolds and turbo kits). They have a nasty history of cracking. I'd stick with Nsport or Fmax with my money.....

Paul

Dano

yeah, thanks for the input, i think ill stick with nsport.

-Dan

ST240
01' Pathy

id say go custom though. It'll probably cost more but you'll save in the long run plus you can decide exactly what you want

-Andre

big jon's 240
Car: uh....football, cars, and um, cars!

I agree with ST240. IF you have the knowhow, go custom. In my opinion, Greddy is not the worst stuff you can buy, but its not the greatest either. Besides, if you want a turbo kit, would you rather get one that has been around for a while and people know it works, or get the newest one that may have a bug or two. The only upside to the Greddy system is that it is going to be street legal (supposedly), which if you live somewhere that has strict emission laws, will be great. Thats about the only good thing ive discovered about georgia since i moved here, they dont care what you put on your car. I grew up in cali, and their emission laws suck!

Dano

yeah i want to go custom, but if i went that route, itd be more expensive...i was talkin about this shop about doin a T60 setup with tubular manifold...the owner was pretty anxious to try it out, so i know i can work through him...i think a T60 would put out if i did a complete internal buildup...but im not even close to having the $$ to do it yet, but never hurts to plan...

-Dan

stunt_driver

a custom turbo kit would be a good choice sometimes its cheaper depending on what you want like do you want a 1/4 mile car which is going to cost more or a good street car which would be a little cheaper then most kits out like xs, nsport, or fmax it sounds like you want a 1/4 mile car t60 setup i think your better off doing a custom turbo for that

Dano

yeah, itll be pullin both street and 1/4 duties, with so many 11-12-13sec mustangs/camaros/firebirds and t/a's, u almost have to have a track oriented car just to be competitive on the street. but im also lookin at gettin a civic for like $200 and throwin in a motor my buddys got in his garage for my daily so my 240 would be weekend warrior....mayb...mayb not... otherwise ill just have to make my 240 more street oriented. im confused and i have a headache, ill sort all this out later, thanks for the info guys.

-Dan

stunt_driver

why get a civic when you can put all that money in the 240 you can have a 11-12 daily driver full interior :) also honda engines are way overpriced 5000 for a type r motor 2300 for a b16 thats way to much money

ST240
01' Pathy

yeah but you pick up a 1250 b18 port/polish turbo it and you have a decently fast honda

-Andre

Dano

the civic was just goin to be a daily, nothin special.

-Dan

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”