GReddy SP2

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Zach95SE

Ok so last time I said I was ordering the cat-back and the WSP Y at the same time so I didn't get to until the 26th and then I went on vacation and just got back the 10th. So when I got home I was hoping to have found that they both came and were installed because I asked my dad if we got them to do it so I get home the GReddy is on but no Y pipe. Come to find out my order must not have gone through so now I wont have that until thursday or friday. But my question is should I wrap the Pipe in some exhaust wrap or not even bother... I dont want it to be really loud and I love the sound the GReddy puts out.

cullenj76
Car: 99 Q45t 04 SRT-4

Exhaust wrap will not really quiet down the tone of the exhaust. If the ypipe you ordered does not have a lined flex section then the exhaust wrap will help reduce, or maybe eliminate, the sound emitted from the flex section granted that you are getting offensive noises from that area. No matter what you do, the ypipe will make the exhaust tone louder. I have an exhaust similar in structure to the SP2: 2.5" piping, large resonator, and large-body muffler. After I added the ypipe, not only did it get louder, the tone completely changed(for the better in my opinion).

jdmfreak

Is it a deafening sound though?

cullenj76
Car: 99 Q45t 04 SRT-4

jdmfreak03 wrote:Is it a deafening sound though?
Is what a deafening sound?

jdmfreak

Your exhaust with the y pipe.

Nevermind though. I didnt see that you had a resonator.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”