Grandma Cherry Bomb

Fairlady, Datsun Sports, Roadsters... whatever you want to call them, this is the place to discuss the Datsun SPL311 and SRL311!
Wedding
Car: Your Face

I am actually starting to work on this car again, so I figured I would make another build thread since the other one got deleted.

1968 Datsun 1600 Roadster w/ 88k on the clock. (The day I picked it up)

I started the awesome procedure of stripping the 40 year old interior to paint it. Also started to paint the hard top. Spent around 4-5 hours in the 98 degree heat scraping and sanding this crap and the rust from the seat rail bolts off.

After all that fun it was all off.

At the same time we took off the hard top and sprayed the problem spots, tomorrow it will get a few good even coats. Even with uneven spray it looks better being a dark black.

For posterity.

So that's where I was up to until the holidays, weather, vacations, and school started.

I left the car out of the garage when I went on vacation to NYC and it rained. Water got all inside it and put surface rust on all the bare metal that was waiting to be painted. s***ty mistake on my part.

So today I pulled the car out and started sanding it all away. It came off pretty easy and by the time you see this picture it will be about 98% ready for primer again.

So work has begun again, really hoping to get it painted by the end of the week and finally have the interior finished. The grill is on now too.

Just some random pictures;

Wedding
Car: Your Face

Primered

Then painted

Interior waiting to go in

Coming together

Clutch and choke are sticky as hell and the carbs are shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...edded

Going to be doing the Volvo brake swap and rebuilding the cars in the very very near future.

Return to “Datsun Roadster”