Gran Turismo 5 (Official Thread)

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
RCA

joe603 wrote:Yes and no for me....I did some initial track testing last night and found my 2 fastest.

So for trail mountain here are my results:
06 G35 (coupe): 136.972
My S14's times were almost the same as your '06 G35 on Trail Mountain.

My question is how is every one doing on Suzuka (Rain)?
So far my times are around ~2:40 and to get that I had to resort to a odd turning setup that will be totally different than my setup for the other 3 tracks.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

_b.jaye_ wrote:
i may finally break down & buy a xbox.
Now THAT is a ban!
_b.jaye_ wrote:
i mean wow, poly. no one ever got tired of confirming upgrades/installments during testing? and no brake upgrades? none? lots of small things like that too. for the menu being pretty much the same over the last 5 installments, you'd think things could have evolved into a bit more streamlined an animal.
That's what Im saying. I feel like there are way more bad things I can say about the game than good. The simple things just like no brake upgrades really kills it for me. I love GT but Im sorry, this one really made me dissappointed and lost faith in the game. As for the next installment of GT, I think I will hold off on it until I read reviews and opinions.

I always had this in mind, to ask you all your overall opinions of the game, so screw it here's my list of pros and cons.

Pros:
- lots of cars, lots of variety, lots of different types of the same car i.e. 30 different RX-7s, Skylines, etc
- love the photo. Glad they kept that from GT4
- Online racing, updated seasonal races is a check plus in my book
- buying tires for F1, small but important.
- PAINT! (P) cars and wheels
- Incredible detail in Premium cars
- Karting
- lots of paint colors, and good ones too
- uhh, thats it

Cons:
- Too many cars may be a bad thing. I like collecting trophies and that one for owning 1000 cars, forget it. We have pretty much finished the game and we only have 300 cars give or take.
- Photo.. WHY THE F*** CANT YOU FASTFORWARD AND REWIND!!! And also I think the tuning of the pictures is way off.
- BSpec! I have so many problems with this. First, I understand that a rookie racer will suck but at lvl 30+ and cant even pass when its wide open FUUUUUUUUU!!! I mentioned this before but it took ~2.5 hrs to finish the Endurance Indy race with the X1 when I finish it in ASpec in ~1.5 hrs. Same goes for every other race. It takes almost twice as long in BSpec than in ASpec for every lap counting (not timed obviously) Enduro race. I needed atleast a freakin 150+ more hp in every Bspec race to barely take and hold the lead. Not acceptable. A good example was the Mini race that took me forever. Braking is extra extra slow and extra extra early even with the highest lvl racers. Tires never get warm, never beyond a light blue. Races are toooooo long. And yes, give me a dam speed up option, f***.
- ASpec! I feel that some races were to strict on tire regulations but ok. Who really wants to do a 24hr race, 2 of them!! It'll take a week to finish one race. Atleast on Bspec you can just let it play. As mentioned no breaking between races for parts, oil changes, or to turn off the game if necessary. I wish the races, especially Enduro's, were alittle harder with faster cars.
- No brake upgrades. If you go fast you must be able to stop fast.
- I would like detail in parts, not just engine upgrade level 2. Give me parts and specs! I would also like to see changes like seeing an upgraded exhaust or gutted interior when weight is lost.
- I liked having multiple tuning settings like in GT4. I mean having 3 different slots of settings when tuning so you dont have to keep changing crap when doing short turny raced vs long high speed courses.
- ... shadows are awful
- Licenses do not allow you do do harder races. You can beat the game and not do even one license test.
- Prize money for endurance races are crap for the amount of time.
- Need more race modded availablity please.
- Stupid patch and million dollar restriction, but atleast you can share cars instead. I think thats better actually.
- horns, really?

I'm sure there's more and I hope I can be agreed with here atleast partially. I give it a 4/10. Sorry, but it sucks to me. I'm so over this game.

jcide
Car: '10 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
looking for a 300zx

I bought like 50+ cars today :lolling:

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Just did the 9-hour b-spec race last night. Only 2 more to go! As for the Suzuka Rain, I haven't tested yet...I need to do some tonight and tomorrow depending on when we're meeting up. I have a feeling that my AWD Lancer will do better overall.

RCA

alms, PNF and thatguyroger are you guys showing up?

Biggie you're down for Sunday afternoon Ian is down for after 6pm; Biggie can you make a 6:15pm race time?
Last edited by RCA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Maybe can make that, will just depend on how much I get done (header, cat, fuel filter, temp sensor all to put on my Vert).

ProudNissanFreak
Car: 2005 Imaginary WRX STi, 2003 Civic

I can't, RCA. Big test on Monday that I'm preparing for this weekend.

alms24sebring

google doc updated

RCA

ProudNissanFreak wrote:I can't, RCA. Big test on Monday that I'm preparing for this weekend.
Knock um dead.

alms24sebring wrote:google doc updated

alms24sebring

lol random

biggie

Set a time/date for race yet?

RCA

Sunday, March 19th @ 7pm the racing will start.

joe603

Are we allowing rain tires on the weather change track?

About 10 seconds faster...

RCA

Of course. Racing Medium Rain or Intermediates only.

joe603

I'll be on.

RCA

Congrats to Alms for taking 1st place since the first NICO racing event. It was a long time coming. After Joe swept us @ Suzuka (rain) I thought he would take it all the way but he didn't have enough to take 1st away from Alms. As usual me and Biggie went down to the last point, biggie beating me by 1 point!.

Knocking me out of the prizes for the first time ever! Awesome times were had and for those of you who missed it :tongue

For results click here...

As for the next race...
Fireblade Grand Prix

[/size]

joe603

so i sold my fireblade...didnt think i'd ever use it.

Nice race guys! Still hate Cote d'azur...

alms24sebring

haha yeah good fun. I was nervous when Joe was launching so hard and fast but I think the 4WD slowed you down thru the turns, especially in Cote d'Azur. RCA, I feel like you win or lose by 1 point every time, tough break. Too bad you missed it Ian, I wanted payback.

joe603

I probably should have shifted all the power to the rear wheels for that track...didn't think I'd be that slow compared to the rest of the group. Then again, I didn't think I'd be that fast on the rain track either! Would have had you on deep forest if I hadn't hit the wall on the last turn! Do'h!

RCA, I thought I sold it...but maybe I was thinking of a different car. I still need to do the Formula GT and that car is the prize...

I'll try and beat that f'ing race series this week...

alms24sebring

haha no chance Joe. That F1 race is brutal. Your driver will only lead by a few car lengths if you get him in front and just let it play for 40 minutes. Really you have to pace up every now and then but you gatta be at a high enough level so that he doesnt lose all his strength and spin out at the end. I think I had to skip a race or 2 too like Grand Valley Speedway with all of those really slow tight turns where you spin and burn tires, but still came out in front.

joe603

alms24sebring wrote:haha no chance Joe. That F1 race is brutal. Your driver will only lead by a few car lengths if you get him in front and just let it play for 40 minutes. Really you have to pace up every now and then but you gatta be at a high enough level so that he doesnt lose all his strength and spin out at the end. I think I had to skip a race or 2 too like Grand Valley Speedway with all of those really slow tight turns where you spin and burn tires, but still came out in front.
Already beat the B-spec race...doing the A-spec race to get the Fireblade for this weekends NICO race. Tried it once before and screwed up on a few tracks...had to get 1st on the last race and it was raining. I put on Race:wet tires and couldn't keep traction and blew it. Next time I'll just use Racing soft tires...

RCA

Joe, what I can do is send you a Fireblade instead of a lvl 17 ticket. The Fireblade is a lvl 13 car. It's up to you.

As for the next race...
Fireblade Grand Prix

[/size]

alms24sebring

O right. I couldnt remember where the Fireblade was winnable at. It would be nice if you could go the whole race on Soft/medium and a full tank of fuel and barely make it to the end, but you will have to pit for either or first. With that said, in some races the computer can make all the way thru so you will have to be a good 40 seconds ahead depending on the pit length and when you pit. Not too difficult, just dont rush it and you'll be far enough ahead to be safely in 1st.

I guess a good strategy would run on soft for like 2/3 of the race, pit and add minimal fuel (I added 10 liters over min. to be safe), and go the rest on soft. That way the tires wont be worn and super slippery and you give yourself enough time to catch up if they pull ahead.

And yeah F that last pouring rain one. Luckily I could skip that one.

btw, another thing I hate is that you can't keep current tires when you pit..

joe603

RCA wrote:Joe, what I can do is send you a Fireblade instead of a lvl 17 ticket. The Fireblade is a lvl 13 car. It's up to you.
Holy crap! That race series sucked! But I got my fireblade :)

I actually ended up tied in first place with another driver. Skipped 'azur and totally bombed Suzuka. If I would have placed in either, I would have won outright. Guess it doesn't matter. Don't care to play with that friggen car for a while...

Need to test/tune the Fireblade now...

alms24sebring

hahaha. Well atleast you got it and you're lucky you did. Painful wasnt it...

biggie

Ah, I've not done the F1 on Aspec, that's why I don't have one.

joe603

Yes...definitely a grueling series. I'd say it's the hardest in the game.

biggie

joe603 wrote:Yes...definitely a grueling series. I'd say it's the hardest in the game.
By far, I've done all of Bspec without any real issues, and every other Aspec race (through first 3 Endurance races), and the couple times I tried the F1 series I almost got lapped.

joe603

alms24sebring

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people spell brakes as breaks :argh

Return to “Gaming”