GPS Installation in 2001 Pathfinder (Speed sensor)

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
PathfinderSE2k1

Hey everyone, happy holidays!

I'm new to the forum, but am really glad I found you guys. I'm trying to install a Pioneer AVIC-D2 in my 2001 Pathfinder SE.

One of the connections I need to make is to the speed sensor to the vehicle (so the GPS can give me ETAs etc) but I can't find this information anywhere. Does anyone know where this wire is?

Thanks in advance!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Just depends where you want to tap it from. You really could get a signal right from the speedo sensor itself or the various other things in the car that use the speedo signal....

PathfinderSE2k1

But the question is, where is the sensor?

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

The sensor itself is located right on the back of the trans...

nissandoms47
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SEV6-Custom 7" lift-33-1250R15 BFG KM2- a bunch of other s*** i cant think of

nah thats the hard way, just tap into the speedo wire in the back of the gauge cluster. What you do is take out the gauge cluster, flip it over. (top down) so now you are looking at it upside down backwards. you need to find the farthest connection to your left (closest to the center of the dash if not flipped over) uplug that connecter and it is the 4th wire over on the top side (opposite side of the actual clip that holes the connector in). Tap into that wire if you need any speedometer signals.

boyermatt

I have the same issue, do you know the color of that wire?In addition do you know which wire at the shifter controls the reverse lights so I can tap into that one as well?

nissandoms47
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SEV6-Custom 7" lift-33-1250R15 BFG KM2- a bunch of other s*** i cant think of

yeah the wire on the FSM is abbreviated G/Y. so i would think that it is green with a yellow stripe. and for the reverse lights it says its pin 5 a yellow wire (Y) i think. i would think that there is a connector that plugs into the shifter column.

SilverPathy
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE

nissandoms47 wrote:yeah the wire on the FSM is abbreviated G/Y. so i would think that it is green with a yellow stripe. and for the reverse lights it says its pin 5 a yellow wire (Y) i think. i would think that there is a connector that plugs into the shifter column.
I recently installed a Pioneer AVIC-N2 in my car and followed your instructions about tapping the speed sensor cable into the GY wire. I tried looking for a Y wire to tap the reverse cable into, but i couldnt find a solid yellow wire. Is it on the same adapter as the GY wire (with cluster flipped topside down, connector on the left)? Since i couldnt find the solid yellow wire, i tapped it to the 5th wire which happened to be yellow and pink (i believe) and now my turn signals won't work. After installing the whole unit, the dvd/navi unit didnt power up so i have to take another look at the wiring harness. But i left the speed cable and reverse cable tapped in with the unit out of my car, can this be a problem?

nissandoms47

it could, but did the speedo part of it work? as for the reverse lights i should have said its on the shifter console not on the gauge cluster sorry! if your signals dont work after that check the fuses and what not.

nissandoms47

oh i did say it but maybe i didnt make myself clear, there should be a harness coming out of the center console shifter dealy which would have the reverse light switch.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”