GPS Antenna

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
jerryc41
Car: 2009 Cube SL

Have any of you found a good way to get the GPS antenna wire from the dash to the radio? I don't want to drill through the dash.

What about mounting it externally? The directions just show it going on the dash or rear package shelf.

Pioneer AVic-X910BT

jerryc41

Got it. I drilled progressively larger holes between the defroster vents. It would have been easier with a right angle drill attachment. The hole (3/8") looks worse in the flash pic than it does in real life, but it won't show Long - very long - nose pliers pulled the wire right through.

Rather than use the adhesive on the metal GPS plate, I'll use one of those black rubber sticky pads to hold the plate. With the wire going through the dash, the antenna won't be going anywhere. I'll cut a groove in the plate to let the wire pass through.

I hope to get this install basically done today because we have to go somewhere with the Cube tomorrow, and my wife knows nothing about this new system. All she knows is that I'm "doing something," and she can't use the car.

Jerry
Modified by jerryc41 at 9:00 AM 1/22/2010

BrassMomkey

Pictures Jerry, Pictures.

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

what kind of gps you got?most of them requires the antenna to be close or near the dash, from portable gps to built in nav stereos like mine, i have mine on the dash rite in front of the steering wheel, it looks like a mouse but worse case scenario i drill the firewall thru behind the intake area, i drill a hole for the amp wire and another hole for the gauges wiring

jerryc41

I just installed a Pioneer AVIC-X910BT, with camera, XM, etc. If I got this right, you should see pictures of the antennas and the backup camera.

Sorry, all I could get to appear here is the GPS antenna.

Modified by jerryc41 at 6:41 AM 1/25/2010

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

yeah thats pretty much how i have mine, the way i did it is i remove the driver side pillar (it gives you a gap to run the wire thru behind the dash)chech my stereo thread i think is somewhere down so you can get more ideas

Return to “Cube Forum”